Beechcraft G36 (Bonanza) missing interior / cockpit

So since the last major update (WU) I experience some issue with the Bonanza.
After every restart the entire interiour goes completely missing.

I initially thought this was caused by some compatibility issue with the G36 Improvement Mod but further testing revealed it must be an issue with the sim itself since the same happens to the stock Asobo aircraft.

After noticing the cockpit went missing the first time I deleted the Asobo g36 folders from the official folder to force the sim to re-load the aircraft.
Withing the session the update / reinstall was performed the cockpit is being displayed.
After a restart of the sim the cockpit goes missing once again.

I’ve been told that someone mentioned the same in the Discord community help channel but otherwise not many / anyone at all has reported it.

Is there something else I could check (as I mentioned I already verified it isn’t connected to the g36 improvement mod)
I do have the WT Garmin Suite installed. I can’t imagine, though, that this causes the issue since other aircraft with the Garmins work just fine.

I’ve had the same thing happen to me with the CJ4 a couple of times. I was using the WT CJ4 mod but cleared out community folder of everything with no change.

In the end, I found that switching livery to another (default) and then back seemed to fix. Done that twice now. No idea what’s going on though.

That’s the thing, changing the livery does nothing, also loading an aircraft while loaded in via the Dev Mode Aircraft selector does nothing.

Interesting. Did this not also happen a month or two (or three?) ago. It was eventually traced to the Co-pilot 3rd party addon which was corrected and afaik hasn’t been a problem since.

Haven’t flown the BE36 recently so don’t know if the bug is back but I’ll try it later.

Meanwhile the old chestnut - try clearing your rolling cache if you haven’t already.

Wow, this was something I absolutely didn’t have on my mind anymore.
When I read it I remembered when the FBW had / started to have that issue.
I just tried and yeap, cockpit is back without a G36 re-install…

I’ll keep an eye out and do some further testing tomorrow but as far as i can say it does seem to be the co-pilot mod.

Thanks for helping my slow :peach: brain out. :laughing:

It’s a co-pilot mod. I have read so many threads on this.

Okay, just tried my BE36 using the Improvement mod and all loaded normally.

If I remember correctly the Copilot developer updated the addon a week or two after the problem surfaced and afaik no-one has reported anything since. I use it all the time on my other aircraft.

Just check you are using the latest version of Copilot if it’s still causing you grief.

yeah, as mentioned it seemed to ahve been your first suspicion, the co-pilot mod.^^
I’ll check tomorrow again, but as of now it does seem to work reliably again.

I just updated to the latest version and did a landing challenge with the G36. I don’t see the cockpit and the external view isn’t complete. Posting a screen shot. I don’t have the copilot mod.

Have you downloaded the addon update, V0.6.3 of z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project? Issued yesterday afternoon GMT.
I had the same problem before noticing the update - downloaded and all seems to be okay.
There’s also an update for the G1000 mod if you use that. In fact there’s been a raft of quick updates for a variety of addons as SU5 has made many changes to the programming - it’s a mess but we’re getting there.

1 Like

can you share the ink to the update of V0.6.3? I can’t find it o the Github site. Thanks :slight_smile: the last I can see is 6.2

thanks for the heads up. I’m on 0.6.2 still. I can’t seem to find v0.6.3 on github.

Despite it reading as the source files it installed for me as usual and I got my beautiful black and gold Bonanza back!

This is how I fixed this issue. Un-check all files in your Addon Linker. Open the game and go to your profile. Choose content manager and type G36 into the search bar. Then delete original G36 file and reinstall. But most important is to look for other file which should be there in my case it was “bonanza G36 improvement project” and delete it via windows directly in community folder. It was a blind shot, I’m not sure which step was the right and what was the cause of the problem, but it works now.

just starting the flight with the bonanza and it seems the entire model is missing:

i’m on su5 no sdk, empty community folder

uninstall the Bonanza update. The TBM update does it too.

I have the same problem too. Which particular file do I have to uninstall and did it worked for you?

Seemed at that time I had not yet updated all the addon packages like the deluxe version… after that everything worked.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.