Beeping noise through flight

Beeping noise in cockpit throughout flight. Any idea what it might be? In a TBM 930, I saw no gauge problems, no warnings, no flashing lights, normal cruise speed, low altitude so no pressurization, multiple frequencies used with ATC so not a particular channel…basically a normal 45 minute flight. Just an annoying beeping in the background.

The flight ended near parking when the blue taxi arrows at night ran right next to a dark building. I veered away too late and caught a wingtip. Interestingly, I had to also go around a parked vehicle in the middle of the taxiway.

ELT activated?

VOR, NDB etc. identifier switched on?

1 Like

I’ll look for that. (I’ll admit I did not know what that is until I looked up the abbreviation after reading your comment.) I’ll find out how to activate it and try it tomorrow to see if that noise starts up. Thanks PIC4506.

What was the beeping like? Was it a continuous beep? Or did it sound like morse code, with pauses between the burst? Was it slow, or fast?

Have you taken the plane out of reverse! HA!!!

4 Likes

It was similar to a Morse code sound transmitting “i i i i i i i…” (dot dot pause dot dot pause dot dot pause … at a rate of maybe two “i” per second. (It’s been a lot of decades since I tried to learn Morse Code)

So far this morning I have not found any way to activate an ELT, VOR, or NDB. I still need to spend time looking at DBM 930 information. I think I just pressed everything on the plane while sitting on the ground and could not find those things or duplicate the sound.

Actually, it had an RF like tone.

Make sure nav 1/2 ident are off?

If it is the constant beeping that I had, it can be fixed by signing out of your X-box account and signing back in.

I am half way through the exact same flight right now and I cannot duplicate the sound. I’ve tired to push every button and setting I can find and nothing. The ELT sounded quite different. Apparently, like geoffda suggested, restarting everything this morning cleared it. If it ever happens again, perhaps I can find it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.