Behringer X-Touch mini works flawless

I was able to get my X-Touch mini working with the X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 software by eliminating some hidden/duplicate USB/Input devices via the device manager. It seems that a lot of devices that were no longer in use were taking up space and not allowing the software to connect the Behringer as a midi device. I can say that this thing works great but the supplied control template lacks some functionality that needs to be added. I’m going to work on creating a nicer map for the buttons to better control the most commonly used features in the A320 and I’ll share that when I’m done.

I’m using it too, with the FreePie/vJoy solution (with a custom script), and it’s working great, it makes the long wait for the Honeycomb Bravo painless.

I watched Turk10mm’s video, two things surprised me :

• he claims he can’t control VS mode, yet I have no problem either selecting VS mode and increasing/decreasing the VS value.
  • he changes the altitude value either by 1000 or 100 ft, I did not find a way to do the latter, I’m gonna have another look at it.

I haven’t been able to figure out how to assign VS mode but I only dug around for around 30 minutes before I had to go do some other work. I’m going to look at this again later but probably after I try a flight with the thing.

I mapped the VS mode to one of the encoders. Push to (de)activate, turn to change the vertical speed:

{
  "index": 5,
  "event_up": "AP_VS_VAR_INC",
  "event_down": "AP_VS_VAR_DEC",
  "event_press": "AP_VS_HOLD"
},

I’ve also uploaded my config here: https://pastebin.com/LghmhRRH
I mostly use it for the longitude, sometimes also for the A320. Tried mapping the simulation rate to the fader too, didn’t get that to work though. Otherwise, this is how it’s mapped:

I found the event monitor in the trial version of Spad.next really useful to find the SimConnect events for different buttons and knobs. From what I heard, FSUIPC supposedly also has something similar. Oh, and Spad.next also has a pretty complete list of all SimConnect events.

2 Likes

No, not each plane seperatly, in principal it emulates keyboard bindings, so if a plane is using another or extra keybinding then yes.
One hint, if you like to understand which key is pressed use vjoy monitor. Usb Game Controller does not show key presses with higher numbers.
It took a while for me to unterstand the rotary knobs. Each knob can have three keybindings, one pressed, turn right and left. Ideal for NAV and Com,
Press is used for swap frequency. Means the work has to be done in Device control settings in flight simulator, find the correct keybindings, assign and test it. The rotary buttons are a bit slow for radios, I tried to change the script the loop delay, it’s written in the comments, but could not make them faster. Have fun, it’s a nice tool, and cheap.

I’m pretty sure I tried that but couldn’t get the press to do anything. I’ll definitely try again. I’ve got about half of my controls figured out. Finding some of the correct simvars is challenging!

Thanks for sharing your config, this is super helpful. One question, what is the triggers section for? I see you have it assigned to autopilot_vertical_hold.

One suggestion for anyone trying to map the x-touch… for the A320 (which is sadly unusable right now), the fader makes a great speedbreak handle. I mapped mine so that up is stowed but it works either way obviously.

Someone got the X-Touch Editor Installation File somewhere? This isn´t available on the Behringer website anymore and can´t find it from elsewere .

I thought I did but I think I must have deleted it. That’s crazy it’s not on the website, I got it there a few weeks ago. I would contact their customer support. To have this deleted for a product that still exists in the wild, even if it’s been discontinued, is absolutely asinine.

Any luck on locating the x-touch editor software?

Yes, a nice forum member named rottenbk made the file available to me.

Since I don’t know whether he would allow me to show his link publicly here, I prefer not to.
so I re-uploaded the file on my googledrive:

Behringer X-Touch Mini Editor

Have fun with it and make a Backup for yourself.

Is really scandalous that the file is nowhere to be downloaded and that from such a large company as Behringer, I would have expected something different.

The entire X-Touch series has actually sold well since it was released, so I don’t understand why support for this series was canceled so quickly.

Especially with the background, where many shops still sell the device.

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you!

I have now made my own assignment for the board.
I used this list and the event monitor from spad.next, which also worked for 90% of the commands.

The only thing I couldn’t find anywhere was the map zoom in the MFD, regardless of whether it was an A320, the G500 G1000 or G3000, with none of them a Simconnect command is apparently transmitted when I press the map zoom button in the plane.
I found commands like: “G1000_PFD_ZOOMIN_BUTTON” / “GPS_ZOOMOUT_BUTTON” and so on in different types, tried all of them but none worked.

Would like to have the map zoom on a rotary knob, so if anyone had the exact command for it, I would be very grateful.

1 Like

I think they are not available at all, and there would need to be a pilot/co-pilot side control made too so I guess a Zendesk request is the way to go. As very few of us use a midi controller in comparison to something like VR or TrackIR devices , it might take some time to get Asobo to add the extra controls, but they have said the cockpit building users are important to them so this is one way to gauge that sentiment !

Edit - I don’t see any EventID for controlling PFD/ND/Panel intensity lighting , this would be great to have too.

Thanks for the answer.
After I had time to read the topic for a few hours today, I also noticed that the Simconnect connection of the MSFS is still in an early phase and many commands do not work or are not even available.

Although I would have just thought that the Simconnect integration would be high on the list, since many 3rd party developers will also be dependent on something like that.

So it means to be patient as with so many in this sim.

About a week ago I wrote to Behringer support about the software that could not be found on their website.

Today I received an answer and can say that the drivers are officially available again on the Behringer website.

Since I don’t know how long it will stay that way, I would advise everyone to quickly make their own backup while it is still possible.

2 Likes

Last night, DocMoebiuz of MobiFlight released a Wasm module that makes it possible to control G1000 / G3000 / … knobs and buttons with SimConnect

I’m using it like this (example for G5000 MFD map zoom on the Longitude) with X-Touch-Mini-FS2020:

{
    "index": 6,
    "event_up": { "event": "MobiFlight.AS3000_TSC_Vertical_BottomKnob_Small_INC", "type": "manual", "value": 1 },
    "event_down": { "event": "MobiFlight.AS3000_TSC_Vertical_BottomKnob_Small_DEC", "type": "manual", "value": 1 },
    "event_press": { "event": "MobiFlight.AS3000_TSC_Vertical_BottomKnob_Push", "type": "manual", "value": 1 }
},

You can find instructions and a list of all events in this pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fMdB7at2

4 Likes

Great, thank you very much for the information.
Works great when you know how to set it.
So now almost everything I need is covered.

The only thing I am missing now are the assignments for the Carenado Mooney, namely the inner and outer rotary knobs for the altitude of the autopilot.

I haven’t found anything thats work with them yet.

Thanks for the heads up on this device.
At first I thought of making use of the Korg Nano MIDI that I already have but decided to get the Behringer instead.
Nothing like twiddling actual knobs.

Thanks for sharing this.
I got this to work with the Behringer.

I didnt have luck with the vjoy alternative.