Bell 407

When half of the posts here are talking about how great the new bell 407 is, and the other half of the posts are telling me that itā€™s a broken mess that is impossible to fly, I know something is fishy.

1 Like

OK. Thanks! But why is that the standard view in the bell 407, with a view from above and with a wide angle? I canā€™t fly properly like that and I canā€™t see and read the instrumentsā€¦! When i start a new flight, do i always have to save the custom view and call it up with a button on the keyboard or joystick?

To be fair, a lot of the people saying itā€™s impossible to fly just want an easy mode and are upset that it takes practice and skill to fly this.

Edit: That was snarky, and I havenā€™t put much time into the 407 yet so I shouldnā€™t assume itā€™s similar to the Cabri. Iā€™ll go try it out and report back.

3 Likes

They can start the heli in [slew mode], and fly all the time so. Yes, it need hours, practise and perseverance.

2 Likes

it isā€™nt, at least for 2Dā€¦ somewhat seems wrong in your case.

quickshot of ā€œmy normalā€ :

( donā€™t wonder, its from my yt channel, I sit currently not in the bell :))

ā€œIt is very important that you set the game controller correctly!ā€ Please describe what the settings should be? A lot has been written about these settings in the forum. Some say this and others that!

1 Like

Hmmmm, but what could be wrong? I emptied my community folder, deleted the rolling cache , downloaded the SU11 update and start the first flight with the 407 and this was my standard cockpit viewā€¦ The external view is correct and all other aircraft and the Cabri heli have a correct cockpit viewā€¦ Strange :confused::thinking:

Looks like wide angle tooā€¦

as I read you post I thought about, but have no concret idea. I would may be checked the camera setting, butā€¦ hmmmm

thats my monitor/resolution :slight_smile: ā€¦ so, its same for all airplanes. Often I zoom a bit in, but not allways.

But in your case its like you sit ā€œon top of the heliā€. Or its only an effect and its like a huge Fisheye-objective.

I use these settings and sensitivities. Try it yourself! The Bell 407 is perfect for me, it flies wonderfully with these settings!

Remember, lots of practice, practice! I have been flying helicopters for 15 years. / Only on simulator

1 Like

If your only helo experience is in previous versions of MSFS, you havenā€™t experienced accurately simulated helos.

The 407 is actually pretty good. A few things need to be improved / fixed, but at the moment itā€™s far more satisfying than the H145.

Try the Cabri - itā€™s the one actually made by Asobo. Theyā€™ve done a really nice job with that one.

4 Likes

Think people need to note their platform when posting on this XB or PC. I have a feeling thereā€™s a distinctive split. I can tell you in Modern on my xbox, it is completely unflyable(both helicopters), and I do 700 class 100+mph 3D R/C helis. (just think of a 20G/10000hp unbreakable 407).

Has anyone tried blaring the Jurassic Park theme song while piloting? Seems to help meā€¦

This isnā€™t a bad idea, will play around with it until they patch this heli. No way IRL do pilots deal with this fatiguing of an aircraft for general flight, at least post Korean War era. It still crabs and tilts if you do keep it straight manually. Donā€™t see the Police 407ā€™s flying over all crabbed to 11 oā€™clock, tilted forward and flying a perpetual skid the entire time. Itā€™s fun to fly but definitely wonky, and painfully slow.

Better use helicoptor cyclic and rotor axis. For me this works better then the standard elevator and ailerons axis. Try it out :sunglasses:

@MRTNAIRLINES

I started MSFS and here the settings I meant:
options ā†’ general ā†’ camera

The other settings are the the in-flight camera menu. May beā€¦

Anybody else noticing the generator is not doing anything?

Didnā€™t know it was a thing, what does it change?

My only gripe with this chopper is the sluggish power, donā€™t know if itā€™s real but the power input seems to have too much delayed thrust. Iā€™ve been flying good choppers since FS9 like the dodosim so I have some background. The trim also doesā€™t seems to work, Iā€™ve assigned an input to longitudinal trim and the power trim in overhead panel is switched on.

But overall I think itā€™s awesome and the cabri even better. Itā€™s a nice start.

HERE You Go -
a QUICK CRASHCOURSE - in Helicopter Flying -
in the BELL 407 (Unassisted)

Tell me if this Helps !!! :smile: