Benefits of Joining a Virtual Airline

Anyone here a member of a virtual airline? I’ve been mulling the idea, but I’m also considering becoming more active on VATSIM first.

I’m too old to become a real-world commercial pilot but the idea of joining a virtual airline is intriguing.

What do you think?

The virtual pension is pretty good…

2 Likes

Moved to #gd-commsupport:menus-and-activities

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

Love flying for the VA,

It adds a sense of purpose / realism (some VA’s take it very seriously to their real world counter parts, others are pretty lax with the rules) so there’s something for everyone.

I like that the one I fly for is quite strict and has a structured ranking / bidding system.

I like to fly for the VA during the week and on my “time off” on the weekends, I fly my GA planes.

Everything on VATSIM.

Some people have the big issue of “where and what do i fly today?” Virtual Airlines help with that

Other people want to join a community of like-minded hobby enthusiasts. Virtual Airlines exist for that

Our Virtual airline is the opposite of the one Skypilot is in. Ours is much more relaxed with no rank or airframe restrictions so long as the airframe can make the leg and the airport is rated for the airplane as well as more than 45,000 schedules to choose from as well as Charter system and weekly group flights. There’s only a One-flight-a-month requirement in case you’re not up for any serious time-commitment. We’re a VATSIM Virtual Airline Partner as well! Check us out! https://flyuva.org/

Plus one here👍
Like mentioned above, sometimes I just need a goal and you discover new places.

I like the skyteam a lot,
https://skyteamvirtual.org/

(Skyteam doesn’t need a one time per month flight, I’m a sailor and not always in the reach of good internet)

Did this for years, nice sense of purpose.
But compulsary minimum flights did me in, as in DCS, there the ask was even worse.