Best accessories to enjoy MSFS 2020 on Xbox?

Hi,

I think your only option for now is the ThrustMaster T.Flight HOTAS ONE.

I have one and it works pretty well with the Xbox.

The only issue with it currently is that the sensitivity settings are not saved when you restart the game.

1 Like

Can it be used with the stick set for left-handed use and the throttle set for right-handed use? I asked Thrustmaster but they didn’t reply.

You can separate throttle and stick

You’re limited at the moment until Turtle Beach and Honeycomb release their products. But as stated, mouse / keyboard (some members have gotten number pads and mapped those to AP etc…

Thrustmaster Stick / Throttle and Pedals are about the only other option at the moment.

1 Like

enorme le delire du pad avec pleins de raccourcis ! Je savais meme pas qu’on pouvait faire ca . J ai un hotas mais j’aime bien la manette aussi, je vais m’en prendre un

Turtlebeach velocityone is on bestbuy as of Friday. Also with November 14th release date.

1 Like

That looks great! I wonder if Turtlebeach will do an ‘Airbus’ version of it with a flightstick instead of a yoke?

Keyboard and mouse are absolutely essential and almost any will do. A regular controller is by no means the same as a joystick/yoke, however the controller works just fine with the right settings.

1 Like

Maybe eventually, not sure anytime soon as even the velocity one is way behind schedule.

I’d wait for honeycombs products for Xbox personally. TB looks very plasticky and cheap.

Thanks for the INFO.

I was leaning towards the Honeycomb products as well…

I called TB today to ask more about Bestbuy release date they’re saying the bestbuy website listing is incorrect. My understanding is TB will not be branded with Airplane OEM thrustmaster has asserted their “exclusive” license of both Boeing and Air Bus

I’d say the TB V1F! Although I may be slightly biased… :no_mouth: :rofl:

You’re completely right, is a completely different experience flying with a handheld xbox controller to flying with a purpose built yoke or HOTAS.

Check out a few online and see which one would suit you best. There will be a few samples of the V1F hitting game shops ahead of Christmas too, so you might be able to see how one looks and feels yourself, and there’s always the youtube reviews.

If you guys have any additional feedback we’re expanding the portfolio of products so would love to hear what you’re keen on and what we can avoid in future too.

Lots of people wanted our VelocityOne Flight, which is why the preorder stock was sold out so quickly. To sign up for notification of when we’ve got it back in stock, and for more info you can check it out here

or read what I had to say about it here!

1 Like

I received the Thrustmaster t.flight hotas one a couple of days ago and I don’t think it’s going to work for me. I am left-handed and have always flown with the stick on the left and the throttle on the right. I simply can’t get used to the reversed layout when my view is from the captain’s seat. It doesn’t feel natural at all and I’m struggling with the right-handed layout.

To make matters worse, the throttle just flops around unless it’s in the centre indent position. It just drops to zero or max throttle under its own weight.

I’m going to have to wait for a high quality flightstick and throttle that is ambidextrous for my Xbox Series S. I already have a Thrustmaster T.16000 FCs which I use with my running X-Plane 11and that is better in every compared to the t.flight hotas one. Sadly, that doesn’t work on Xbox Series X|S.

1 Like

I think you’ve raised a really great point there about LH/RH and FO/Capt. I was saying to our dev team just yesterday how important it is for controllers to be ambidextrous now.

Thanks, James. It would be great to have some Xbox compatible ambidextrous flight controls. As I’m so used to left-hand flightstick and throttle operated with my right hand, the T.flight HOTAS One is confusing to operate for me.

As for your TB V1F, does it need to be clamped to something?

It has 2 clamps on the bottom for a desk or similar, but also is shipped with strong vacuum tape, in case you’d rather stick it directly to a flat surface to put onto your lap, for instance. If you want to detach it, the vacuum tape has no adhesive so won’t leave residue, just needs to be peeled off at an angle.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Is there a video of it in action available, rather than just a photo? It would be good to see it in use for a flight in MSFS.

I’m currently working on a short how-to and demonstration video, plan to post it on the 14 Nov. Will let you know when it’s out! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like