Best Explaniation YET - Here is all the Components broken out

All - This is targeted to X-Plane 12, forget that, listen to his explanation on how the hardware is supposed to work. MSFS has some relationship to what he says, but, your internet speed/connection/server you are connected too, and possibly your local cache, might have as big an impact. YES, MSFS is different, too much internet interrelationship, but the hardware needs and does process all that data, so it’s important as well. I have not found a comparable video showing best MSFS hardware specs and truth have not looked. This one helps me parallel both sims for potential upgrading of my hardware down the road. Realize, the ship is moving all the time, Nvidia has not announced the rumored 4000 cards yet, if even that is the series number planned, but not this year, but next year something new, higher powered processors from AMD and Intel to be sure.

When MSFS released, I personally got the highest end gaming laptop I could afford at the time, because I knew, their “recommended specs” were not going to hold up for long, sure enough, think in SU3, some Nvidia 700/10 series cards were just invalidated for use in the game. And more powerful rigs for most part seem to not experience bugs or crashes as bad as medium to lower power systems do, exceptions exist presently. I have not experienced the many CTD/Downloading/installation issues other have, but experience has not been trouble free either.

So if in market for more PC, buy as close to top of line specs for your budget as you can afford. Especially watch his segment on DDR-4 versus DDR-5 memory, yes, again, correct, prices will come down as 5 comes more into marketplace but, is that 1 month or 36 months, based on costs.
If you are PC maker, at 2.5x higher prices for 5 versus 4, that makes a huge difference depending on my target audience, sure high end gamer rig, are targeting different folks than other users, especially if competitive gamer, that will make difference in that arena. Unless overwhelming reason DDR-4 should be good out 2-4 years from NOW. Stuff changes, so if you got the coin, have at it.

XForcePC’s Suggestions Regarding X-Plane 12 PC Specs - XP12 (Early ) General discussion - X-Plane.Org Forum

again a book about physics…

Can you summarize for me what your issue / question is ? :relaxed:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/about-the-community-help-center-category/120429?u=michamma

That all the other sims on market offer the same performance , or why these compare with xplane 12 ?

I can never recommended to buy the most expensive hardware you find and that hardware have a limited lifetime is hopefully nothing new :laughing:

We have so many topics about hardware-advices where users can find some interessting in it , and without that we have to discuss in MSFS forum a topic from the XPlane 12 forum.

Let’s just make sure this doesn’t become an MSFS vs other sims discussion. Thanks.

2 Likes

Casual - THAT was not the point, the point was, a very good discussion on the technical aspect of Processors, Video Cards and Memory. That he referenced toward competitor was not point. Understanding PC Hardware will help users make a better decision on if/when/maybe a more powerful system might help them here. Knowing the parts and pieces at least temporarily might be important.

It’s oriented towards XP 12 which hasn’t been released.

A better starting point would be to reference these two Knowledge Base articles and knowing Moore’s Law plus the volatility of computer part supply in Pandemic times, add some margin to what one can afford and what’s available.

1 Like

Casual - would be nice if someone (a direct spokesman from Asobo/MS) put in a video of exactly HOW the specifications are arrived at and what kind of performance could be expected. A chart only tells me what has been approved, not how it tested out, and at what levels of performance.

But you I think are missing another point. The competitor wants users to KNOW how their new version is going to work with various parts and pieces, MS/Asobo don’t care. It’s really that simple.

But I’m done here. You can close it as far as I’m concerned.

The video linked is a Third Party (XForcePC, not even X-Plane) expressing an opinion of what they believe will work for a sim other than MSFS. Let’s be very clear about that.

A base configuration is provided for MSFS in 2D and VR, in an official MSFS Knowledge Base article.

Readers can draw their own conclusions.

2 Likes

And the point was “IN an article”, no official video explaining the options, how those options should work, and no real-world testing hardware.
Several hundred users are in this sim with I5, and very basic hardware and have no issues. Other users are at the top of the food chain, I9-12xxx, Nvidia 3090, DDR4 and in some case 5 memory, and cannot download the stupid sim. SOMEONE NEEDS TO BASELINE THIS SIM, and then poke a stick into it, and determine what is the OPTIMAL hardware for it, this should include internet bandwidth parameters, since so much of this thing needs stable high bandwidth to even load.
TO DATE-NO OFFICIAL TESTING PERIOD. Nada.

well, the best most expensive ( overkill ) hardware is useless if users get e.g. network issues …

Where you can find the “baseline” was already mentioned and it includes minimum recommend bandwidth.