Best Traffic Addon?

Looking to get a traffic addon that adds more visual variety and realistic behavior of planes in the air and on the ground.

Does anyone have any recommendations for latest and best traffic addons? For example I’m looking at JustFlight FS Traffic as a possibility, but wanted to get first-hand feedback from my fellow sim pilots. Cheers :beers:

I am really happy with the FSLTL. It is freeware and does just what you wanted (within the limitstions of the MSFS).

3 Likes

FSLTL takes its traffic feed from FlightRadar 24 so all the traffic is pretty much live. You can set how much is injected though as in some areas it can be a bit overwhelming. Conversely in the more remote parts of the world traffic can be very sparse and I’ve done flights and not heard a single other aircraft. It also doesn’t take into account any changes you make in sim time - it’s live so you get it as it happens.

An alternative is AIG which uses historical flight plans so your other traffic is relevant, if not live.

Both have excellent aircraft model libraries so you usually get accurate aircraft, in the air and at airports. And both are freeware.

Finally there is Beyond ATC, a much hyped programme which promises to sort out the vagaries of the in-sim ATC. Not yet released and will cost $60 plus addon speech time - a long thread on here about it with videos that explain it all.

3 Likes

AIG’s models and repaints combined with the SU15 beta’s new built-in model and paint matching logic for live traffic seems to be working beautifully for me.

1 Like

On a similar note, any way to inject traffic at a small uncontrolled airport? I’d love to have a couple aircraft in the pattern when I approach the airport.

This is a must-have add-on for GA flyers:

Continually improved, this really brings alive the smaller airfields.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

I installed it and it’s working fine. If I spawn at an uncontrolled airport I get the traffic, but no traffic calls by the pilots. Is that the way it is or do I need to change some settings? Thanks.

Please inquire in the GA Mod thread so this topic stays on course. Thanks.