Beta build for SU8

Indeed looks like its getting close

1 Like

Seems itā€™s all stuff that was in the SU7 beta forum.

Sure itā€™s not them removing questions etc. from the SDK Dev live stream that ended a couple of hours ago?

I just messaged a mod that because I didnā€™t quite understand.
Does this mean that the issue has been addressed/fixed? But why canā€™t we click on the thread to view it

Nah, it was some threads I created / participated in in the SU7 forum; definitely wasnā€™t SDK related as I know jack squat about the SDK.

2 Likes

Is the beta usually downloaded through Xbox insider app? Thought I would try the beta this time when itā€™s released.

yes Sir it usally is

1 Like

Remember, itā€™s not because they say itā€™s been fixed or that thhey close a thread and marked an issue as fixed that it actually is fixed. Weā€™ve seen them mark many issues as fixed over the last 16 months only to have the issues persist.

The latest one of these was the claim that the 75 minute down time every day had been fixed.

2 Likes

You opt-in via the insider app, then you go through the usual sequence for an update: MS/steam store->in-game->content man.

Itā€™s advised to change your content folders away from the default location. This prevents unnecessary re-downloads of the whole thing, just gotta make sure you select the right place when prompted during the in-game update process:

1 Like

The ā€œcompletedā€ message happens when topics are moved into archive areas.

2 Likes

Ah ok thank you.

1 Like

I already wish SU9 would also be devoted to fixing bugs as well.

Call me cynical but I doubt the team will have cleaned up a quarter of the items in need of repair by the time SU8 arrives. One SU is not going to be enough.

3 Likes

Are the betas still limited to the first x number of users to opt-in?

They said the focus on SU9 would be stability. Iā€™ve had so many CTDs in the past. Iā€™m glad that itā€™s mostly stable for me now, but I know a lot of people - both on PC and Xbox - are still experiencing a lot of crashes.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be adding a bunch of new ā– ā– ā– ā–  there as well, unlike SU8 that should get no new features unless theyā€™re directly related to fixing a bug.

1 Like

I got a CTD instantly after starting my first flight on 1.22.2. So I disabled HAGS, rebooted, and no crash since. Do you think that is a game issue or a Nvidia driver issue?

wrong thread.

1 Like

Fair enough, but I was replying to Crunchmeister71 who was just referring to stability issuesā€¦

Itā€™s totally getting at least one new feature as per the q&a ā€“ fancy new propeller simulation coming to the King Air, c152, and the caravan. And Iā€™m about 70% confident that working titleā€™s stuff is gonna be default in SU8, which is more of a new feature than a bugfix. As Iā€™ve said elsewhere, thatā€™s probably how theyā€™re finally fixing the turnaround bug, which is one of the small handful of things explicitly in SU8 in the last dev update.

I donā€™t think it has as much to do with drivers and Windows as many people believe. In some cases, thatā€™s the cause. HAGS is a hit or miss thing for folks, it seems. For some it works fine, for others it causes CTD and turning it off fixes it.

There was an nVidia driver a few weeks ago that caused endless crashing with MSFS, and it was acknowledged that it was an issue and quickly fixed.

Outside of that, I think most people are grasping at straws trying to find a logical cause for CTD issues when in reality, the issue is the sim itself. I hope they get their code straightened out in SU9.

1 Like

And to add to my previous, the fact Xbox users are experiencing plenty of the same CTD issues as well kind of points away from usersā€™ hardware, drivers or community mods.

1 Like