Beta build for SU8

Really looking forward to this beta, expecting good things!

1 Like

Hello everyone
I would not like to look demanding about the SU8, but these are ā€œallā€ the improvements that it will incorporate?

I think most of the VR stuff was aimed for SU9 they said in the live dev stream. Itā€™s worth a watch to see whats on the table for the year

This is a bug fixing update so i think they used it to fix a lot of bugs in the backlog. I hope they fixed a lot of the small issues that never appear on the list.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see the Release notes

5 Likes

SU8 is supposed to focus mostly on stability and bug fixing, not so much on new features.

Me neither. But thatā€™s to be expected when the availability is still about 6 hours away, isnā€™t it?

1 Like

This list will take 8,5 years to fix :wink:

Will the sun finally set properly in SU8? I really want to do some longhaul flights (and night flights of course) but this ā€˜bugā€™ drives me quite /// etc etc /// Not long to find out but am completely ready for the let down ā€¦!

Apparently this ISNā€™T happening (yet) as per the grapevine.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good news to me. I donā€™t want the Working Title mod until somebody fixes the white border issue.

I have the Steam version of the game. It looks like the beta should be easy to join without using the insider app. I wonder if I should backup my packages to an archive or just change the packages path to avoid a full reinstall. Perhaps I will do both just to be on the safe side.

Not sure what youā€™re referring to - could you please elaborate on the issue?

2 Likes

Depending on whatā€™s in the patch notes, I may feel compelled to try the beta this time around. Particularly to see if Iā€™m one of the ones that will benefit from the partial fix to performance with popouts.

Iā€™ll wait and see what the patch notes say before taking the dive.

We likely will see some of the bugs from the bug list being addressed. Donā€™t count on anything on the wish list though, as those are new features. SU8 is supposed to be focused on bug fixes with no new features.

1 Like

hope we get a list of issues to explore and report on

SU8 Predictions:

for sure (based on dev update and q&a):

• live weather tweaks
  • Much improved AI traffic
  • fancy new prop sim on the King Air, c152, and c208
  • new graphics customization options
  • totally redesigned marketplace interface
  • Misc VR improvements
  • slightly more stable

quite possibly but not for sure:

• fixed the 6-7:12 EST no live weather bug
  • somehow fixed the turnaround bug?
  • new DRM that opens up deluxe/premium planes for modding

doubt it but let me dream a little:

• wind gusts (even on flat terrain!) in live weather
  • surprise early implementation of thermals, up/downdrafts etc
  • surprise early addition of gliders
3 Likes

I would love some gust tweaks as well. Right now by biggest gripe is that there is always turbulence associated with wind over terrain. Not realistic. If they can fix that then I would be very happy. Some clear air turbulence (not associated with terrain) would be very welcome too.

3 Likes

I have the same feeling about standard non-beta updates, but there seems to be no good option to avoid them.

The idea of the beta is not to see if you personally benefit. It is to check if the items listed in the release notes have been fixed so that everybody benefits.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if it will have watermarks?

I really hope not!!!

Past betas didnā€™t have any kind of watermarks so far as I know; certainly the SU7 one did not.

2 Likes