Better monitor?

I have a RTX3060TI card and a 1920 X 1080 monitor. My scenery looks very grainy and not very detailed. All the screenshots I see in this forum look better. All my settings are ultra. Should I consider another monitor?

Good 2K wide monitors are not all that expensive, and will look much nicer than your HD monitor.
You’ll have no problem driving one with your GPU (your post is a little confusing, as there is no such thing as a 3960 Ti) But a 3090 Ti or 3060 Ti will work just fine at 2K.

3060ti. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Note that screenshots on the forum are automatically scaled down to 1920x1080 on posting.

While I personally can vouch for a 1440p monitor being a significant sharpness upgrade over 1080p, you might also see some immediate visual improvements with your current monitor by bumping the “render scale” above 100% (“supersampling” to render at a higher resolution and then scale it back to fit your screen - this gives cleaner looking results than just traditional antialiasing, but uses more GPU power)

Hello, I also have a 3060 Ti and a 1080p monitor. Now, there’s a couple of things here.

How large is your monitor? Mine is 21.5 inch. So at that size, things are fairly sharp because the PPI (Pixels per inch) are at a reasonable amount. If you have for example a 27 inch monitor at 1080p, that PPI is going to be lower so - not so sharp.

The second thing is I have AMD CAS on in the settings and TAA. Without CAS, there is a day and night difference in my opinion. Try checking that yours is on (think it is by default) and then check out the image and see if there’s an improvement in sharpness.

To add, obviously as mentioned already supersampling and a higher native res monitor will look good. But, check out the site below to see what your PPI would be at different resolutions and monitor sizes. As I’ve learned it’s worth knowing that. Especially for web browsing and desktop stuff.

Hope that helps!

Try DLSS supersampling with DLAA set below

I am going to try that. Thank you very much.

Supersampling did the job

2 Likes

Hello,
I have a NVidia RTX 3080 and A Samsung monitor running 1920 x1080 at 65Hz. I was thinking of getting a 32" Odyssey Neo G8 4K UHD 240Hz 1ms Quantum HDR2000 Curved Gaming Monitor. Would it be worth it?