Better units of measurement in pilot profile statistics

I had a good chuckle over that page one day and then decided that I really should add to my distance flown below sea level. So I flew around Death Valley. Even inverted for a fair bit.

After seeing those stats increase, I was severely underwhelmed and a bit annoyed with myself.

Don’t feel to bad. MSFS doesn’t actually record time properly and you most likely have a lot more hours.

But, I know, that is the topic of this thread.

It really is a simply chance and I can’t imagine why they elected to display it that way!

By purchasing the Xbox version a year later after the PC release, I had hoped that this kind of bug would have been fixed. But no !

The presentation of statistics always looks like an accounting table with values to two decimal places. It’s rubbish, like it’s been written by a robot.

It might be time to put artificial intelligence aside, and use human intelligence and common sense. It is still not difficult (and it is also one of the basics of computing) to present data in a human readable form.

Most other games have stats too, but I’ve never seen them look so poorly presented.
Of course, that doesn’t prevent the game from working, but it immediately gives it a very poor quality image or that of an unfinished prototype. It was excusable a year ago, for the very first version on PC. But since then this should have been changed, on PC and obviously, for the landing on XBox, but it still is not.

Has anyone ever managed to get a number of animals observed with the smartcam, with decimal places :yum: ?

Any news on that topic?

1 Like

I agree. Considering that aircraft can fly hundreds of kilometres recording anything in aviation should be either KM or Miles.

1 Like

Yes BUT.
You wouldn’t even measure a bicycle ride in metres, just too small.
Tony

1 Like

You don’t like seeing your flight time in seconds and distance flown in meters??

Jk.

Amazing this request is from 2020 and still hasn’t been fixed.

I hope they finally fix it.