BeyondATC - AI Based ATC

Correct ATC has been my No 1 wish since, well, forever. If it performs like this, brilliant!
Quick ask, no other aircraft heard whilst airborne. Turned off for purposes of video?

1 Like

I like it I like to have additional window fto have it on one of my other monitor

1 Like

There is when he starts out but nothing once in flight from what I heard.

He answered that on discord, just happened no other traffic in the air that time, it does work though.

1 Like

Will the Ribbons shown on the ground? Not everybody has Navigraph

1 Like

Agreed, a lot of addons in the past promised beyond what they actually did achieve after release. From the bits iĀ“ve seen so far itĀ“s almost too good to be true, steep progress in AI capabilities or not. But if it does nothing besides providing reasonable IFR guidance then IĀ“m in! The lack of other enroute traffic in the area could of course be due to traffic settings, but stillā€¦ Well, letĀ“s wait and seeā€¦

Is it going to be able to do VFR as well?

2 Likes

they stated this, yes. so the promise does sound pretty juicy

1 Like

Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the first believable VFR video though. What do I expect?

• clearance for startup at delivery (or ground). Check for reading back correct atis letter.
  • ready to taxi (initiative pilot) and hand-off to tower (or ground, depending on the airport)
  • tower (or ground) guidance to holding point
  • ready for departure (initiative pilot) and clearance in different ways (hold position, line up and wait, behind the cessna behind, etc)
  • calling obligatory reporting points (initiative pilot)
  • departing ctr (can be initiative pilot)
  • connecting and leaving fir frequency.
  • separation from other traffic in fir.
  • calls for infringements
  • entering ctr (initiative pilot)
  • handling of request for direct to rwy
  • handling of touch and goā€™s
  • calling orpā€™s
  • correct handling of atc for controlled and uncontrolled airports. In NL uncontrolled airports have radio and no tower. So a call is made for radio check and aerodrome info.
  • calls for downwind, extending, orbits, number and looking for other traffic in the circuit
  • go around (initiative pilot)
  • vacate runway via taxiway according to airport layout
  • handoff to ground depending on airport
  • and as cherry on the cake: diversions

Hehe, am I asking too much?

4 Likes

It certainly looks very promising and it looks like Iā€™ll be buying yet another ATC.
Iā€™ve tried Pro/ATC, Pilot 2ATC and FSHud lets not even consider the vanilla version. Possibly with FSHud being the best of what is the best of a poor selection of choices.
I use FSHud beta at present and it does appear to have some similarities like integrating reasonably well with FSLTL. Unfortunately no speech recognition which is the big immersion killer.

2 Likes

I think at this time they havenā€™t implemented VFR, they are focusing on getting IFR right first. I assume that VFR will be added before first release because itā€™s a listed feature. But then the release date currently is ā€œhopefully before the end of this yearā€, so we have some difficult waiting to doā€¦

Althought speech recognition is in scope for 1.4 beta of FShud, but I assume it wont probably be as smart as BeyondATC which understands what in your phrase was uncorrect.

Thanks I wasnā€™t aware SR was coming in 1.4. Still weā€™re still not out of 1.3 beta yet so it will be a little while. Itā€™s good that there is some competition though as that may spur them along a bit.

1 Like

Will there be vectors to final?

1 Like

"Does anyone out there know if BeyondATC will be coming to the XBOX platform or is it not going to work on XBOX due to the XBOXā€™s O/S?

i would really like to see this as we have been denied lots of good things on XBOX."

I too, fly on the xbox. The few videos I have seen says this will NOT be available on the xbox, it is a stand alone program that runs in the sim with the ability to use simbrief with it.

I am thinking itā€™s time for me to build a pc for flight sim to be able to use this, plus all the other benefits available on pc.

3 Likes

I donā€™t believe it will be coming to Xbox as the program in the video seemed like an extra window he had open and not something that was generated into the toolbar. I recently moved to PC from Xbox and it def has its perks. Lots of Addons! Just making tweaks to all the settings at your disposal can be tiresome at times lol

1 Like

I feel your painā€¦ While WASM has opened the door to some addons for Xbox, unfortunately if they run external to the sim, they wonā€™t work. I fear it would require MS to essentially open the doors to the OS. Would be cool if there was a USB stick you could slot in to run such addons.

In the full flight video released it does vector for final.

True, it vectors to the IAF. Iā€™m looking for vectors outside of the FAF, in this case, JALEN. At smaller airports, such as the one I control at, weā€™ll sometimes use the IAF, but 90% of the time, itā€™s the FAF for the ILS.

Honestly, this software looks revolutionary, so excited!

Watched the CYVR to KSEA demo flight and it looks really interesting so far. Thoughts:

• The regional accents was cool, although a french sounding ATC voice for CYVR is pretty unusual. Je me souviens I guess.

• The departure gave a vector when CYVR would use a SID (the 160 it was given would be something like GEORGIA 6 on VATSIM or real life).

• VR looks like it might be an afterthought, which isnā€™t completely game over (itā€™s voice activated afterall) but is annoying that itā€™s a new product not really designed to fit within the local HTML design of the MSFS toolbars (so it gets VR support for free). Maybe theyā€™ll do something like FS2Crew and throw a toolbar in there on top of that exe one day.

• Some of the readback of things like Baro figures was a bit odd, but no big deal. It was nice it handled the cross over from VAN to SEA center, as MSFS freaks out on the ā€˜triangleā€™ of coverage in that area and keeps flopping back and forth.

• KSEA had no traffic in the video, so hard to see how it would deal with those three parallel runways that causes MSFS ATC a lot of grief.

• Online voices, so wouldnā€™t be shocked if this might be a bit more expensive than people are hoping or even a subscription charge sort of payment thing?

So yep, looks pretty nice. One to watch.

1 Like