Bifurcating Contrails

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Only for FPS graphs

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

TBM 850

Brief description of the issue:

Just cruising along and notice that the plane above me had a split in its contrail. Two flights and I’ve noticed it four times now. I assume this has always been the case but I’ve never noticed it before. I’m guessing the distance for this to happen got closer in the latest beta 1.37.7. That can’t be much of a resource hog, so please bring it back to an un-noticeable distance. :slight_smile:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Looks kinda silly, doesn’t it?
bifurcation2

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flying along at 17500ft and look up at the contrails.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

This couldn’t possibly be relevant other than to note that I have graphics options all set to pretty much maximum possible.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

DLSS quality, no FG

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

what’s the problem here? that’s what they look like

Looks like a tuning fork. The transition isn’t gradual at all. Not a huge deal of course but it sure looks different than it used to. My guess is that they pulled in the distance where this happens and it’s more noticeable now.

The first screenshot shows it better.

I’ve seen this in SU14…

Looks like one engine is running rough. Fouled plugs maybe?

Seriously though it does look strange. Wonder what a 747 contrail would look like with four engines.

There in lies the question. It would technically be a chord instead of a monotone tuning fork. We might start dealing in tines. :wink: