Bijan Habashi seasons packs causing CTD's

I haven’t been able to install and use the seasons add-ons for quite some time now. Probably since at least 2 updates back. I get a CTD usually during the installation process. I haven’t noticed anyone else mention this on the forum. Is this an issue with anyone else? Is there a workaround? I did enjoy these add-ons when they worked so I’d like to use them again.

I use the version from simmarket which has no installer, and it works perfectly like always

5 Likes

When I did SU7 update, I couldn’t even update the Junkers or the Deluxe package. They kept CTD’ing on me consistently until I got to a place where they were Installed but Installable. Clicking on one would give me neither an Update button or a Delete button. There was just nothing I could do. I had to do a whole complete reinstall of MSFS but I haven’t had a problem since then except around Chicago.

Works good here

Let you the data sent to you without an installer.

I bought and installed these months ago in the marketplace. I haven’t tried to re install them since su7. If I try again and still get CTD would I maybe benefit from a full, fresh install? Everything else seems to work fine.

Specs:
I7 8550
Gtx 1070
Win 11
32g ram
HD drive (not ssd)

I also have it from simmarket and no issues at all.
One important thing is you should only have 1 season installed at a time. That is one of the reasons I’m glad I got my copy from simmarket as I can use add ons linker to just include 1 season at a time very easily whereas with market purchase I think you may need to uninstall the currently installed season if you want to change to a different season. Having more than one installed would be a problem and maybe could cause ctd.

2 Likes

This could very well be my problem. I noticed when they were installing that one would install fine and then the other would crash. I’ll try doing just one. Thanks for the tip!! :blush:

This 100% was my problem. I forgot I even had multiple seasons purchased and this makes complete sense. I haven’t been able to load the sim since the SU7 rolled out.