Bind trim yaw axis and trim roll axis

Some functions can not be bound to key/button/axis :

• Add Trim yaw axis (-100% to +100%)
  • Trim roll axis (-100% to +100%).

(Only elevator trim -100% to 100% exists).

1 Like

1 Like

Does that work also for, say, a hardware rudder trim wheel? I think that would only work if you used trim buttons and not a wheel.

1 Like

Depends on how your trim wheel is designed. Mine on the Honeycomb Bravo is two buttons that get pressed with repetition depending on how you move the trim wheel.

Some wheels out there show as an axis to the system.

What wheel do you have?

1 Like

Don’t have one yet, but I’m having a custom one being built by SimMax.it. it’s a modification of this to be like a Cessna 182’s pedestal:
https://www.simmax.it/negozio/kit-panels/kit/pedestal-c172-v-2-0/
I’ll be using Mobiflight or Air Manager to set it up so I’ll be subject to whatever SimConnect can provide (if it can provide it right now – not even sure!).

But I’m thinking along the lines of anyone with a Saitek or Flight Velocity trim wheel who wanted to use it as a rudder trim.

1 Like

If he’s asking what I think he is - the ability to have trim as an axis and not as buttons - then I want to add 10,000 up-votes to this.

Seriously, how many planes have a pair of buttons for basic trim? Flying is already tough enough with analog trim.

The Saitek/Logitech X-52 has a couple of axes on the throttle that are perfect for aileron/elevator trim, (and I use them for that in X-Plane), but I can’t do that in MSFS. Clunky button-presses are so 8-bitty and go along with a TV used as a monitor. :wink: We Deserve Analog Trim!

Thanks!

1 Like

They cannot be bound to axes, and they should be.

They use buttons, and then take three seconds to respond, then they increment quickly so that fine-grained control is virtually impossible, at least for me.

1 Like

Yes I agree completely.
The inability to bind rudder and alerion trim to an axis is a significant omission from the sim in my opinion.

While you can use some third party apps for a workaround its a kludge that we should not have to do.

Adding the ability to bind rudder and alerion trim to an axis would be a nice improvement.

1 Like

3 years later and we still can’t do this directly in the sim. I completely don’t understand why Rudder, Trim and Aileron Axis controls weren’t available from day one…seems common sense to me.

I’ve got a 3-axix trim wheel which someone on Etsy sells (Arduino based). It was originally purchased for the Spitfire in DCS which has all of these controls by default. I think it also works in IL-2 (need to check). But MSFS2020 nada, can only map elevator trim

Asobo get the devs to spend less time on the aircraft (or leave that to 3rd party devs) and more time on fixing the core sim please. Maybe we’ll have to pay for FS2024 again to get such basic functionality.

Luckily on PC we have addon tools such as spad.next to make this work via simconnect. If there’s a simconnect event, why isn’t it available directly in the sim?

Now that the Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X is available even Xbox players can benefit from having this control option

To confirm only Elevator Trim available as of 24th August 2023