Bing Data causing crashes with add-on Airports or Scenery

Whenever it will be, I can almost hear the “We can’t reproduce it on our side”, like the still occuring Live Weather Bug, the pixelated clouds, the tree draw distance.
It is like their dev builds using totally different raw data :thinking:

Its just ccomplete madness they have done a server side update that messes up every paid airport we have without even by the looks of it tested it propley

Does re-naming that file get rid of any textures?

Only ground textures. The airports come often with higher res aerial images for their surroundings. These will be replaced with bing standart satimage.

No I cant see any difference

Same problem happening with my Orbx Airports bought directly from Orbx not via the Marketplace, thanks Asobo and Microsoft I uninstalled MSFS got rid of Addons took me all day yesterday to find out what the problem was, thanks to this community now know what the problem is !!!

I didint unistall and Reinstall but i spent all day yesterday too trying to figure out what this problem was, As i flew the night before and everything worked fine

So I’m in favor of Asobo having to fix it immediately … Other developers manage to make a hotfix in a very short time … This whole ■■■■ has been upsetting me since it was released. That can’t be that one day the other add-on airports stop working and cause a crash

1 Like

Where I wrote that is “whole fix”?

Link or it didn’t happen :smiley:

it kills the entire game then… :roll_eyes:
how can one even say it’s a “solution”. I’d rather stop playing for a couple of days or weeks untill Microsoft fixes their probs

1 Like

Will there ever be a statement from Asobo/Microsoft?

9 Likes

How else can we really force this issue to be resolved? This is ridiculous.

1 Like

As I said before in another fourms, I was very surprised how is that happening, MSFS is sort of SaaS (Software of Service) that relies on internet services that is different from a typical sim/game out there. With this paradigm, it comes the challenge to manage this, to have a fallback system, to have on-call shifts … etc. It looks to me that, whatever goes through their pipeline, never come back kind of thing, which is very astonishing coming from a company that is a strong player in the cloud offering and it should have the strong experience to deal with this scale of infrastructure (MSFS is huge, very huge to manage!).

I really hope with this heat that they are getting from tons of angry users and developers (some of whom actually working over the weekends and thus 3 or 4 days just lost), they will rethink of their infrastructure strategy, have a proper staging and production system, have the proper fallback systems in case things go south, have a proper infrastructure in general to manage software in this scale. Indeed, this time was just very frustrating showdown for all people and as I said before, we deserve an explanation on what happened and how can they assure us this will not happen again.

6 Likes

Getting a CTD whenever I try to fly over Sydney with the ORBX cityscape. Hopefully, it gets sorted soon.

Turn off Bing Data, start flight, when on parking spot you can turn Bing data on again. Problem solved until fix is released.

still cant fly into an addon airport, only start

That’s the problem if you are turning the Bing data back on after loading your airport. If you have other custom scenery on your route or a custom airport at the other end with theses CGL files, then bang! - back to the desktop!

Or should I say - Bing! And your flight is gone!

4 Likes

Then just use the workaround, then you can leave Bing on.

Ok. I see.

I flew from London Southend (ORBX) to Ameland Airport in Netherlands last night (VFR) without any issues or CTD. I’m pretty sure I have Ameland as a modded Airport.

Yeah they better hotfix this mess ASAP Its not on

2 Likes