Bing Data causing crashes with add-on Airports or Scenery

Anyone can spawn at EDDF ? The game now crashes instandly TD.

I get CTD every time I use one of my payware airports i.e EFHK from Justsim, have uninstalled and installed again but it is still the same. It only works with default airport.

I think it started 13th of february and from all these posts it seems it is a BIG problem, which Microsoft/Asobo need to fix ASAP.

Thanks
Jesper / Denmark

I have the CTD with every airport add-on. As soon as I take off from the airfields CTD or when landing

Did you try to unname the CFG golder inside the payware airport folder ? That works for all my payware addons.

1 Like

Even though I love this SIM and really want to see it succeed I can’t help but agree with you.

I work in the IT Industry myself and I can say with certainty that if we as engineers had introduced a bug like this, effectively rendering software that had been purchased useless within a Clients Production system, we would have been working all the hour’s available to sort it. I can guarantee that alongside us would have been the company’s lawyers and accountants busy working out the financial and reputational impact and mitigation of such a blunder.

I guess we are exceptionally lucky in this community that we have a lot of very talented individuals who can quickly identify these issues and publish workarounds for them and I thank them all !! Having said that I cannot think of one of our Clients who would have said that’s ok we have worked out a fudge to get around it , not one.

Lets hope that this is rectified without the need for workaround’s once the full world update for the UK is released , tomorrow maybe !!

4 Likes

I’m not fiddling with files, why should I? It is Asobo’s job to fix the dirt, not ours

5 Likes

Then you have to wait until they fix it. I can only say that renaming the CFG folder works for my airports (Aerosoft EDDK, Justim EDDH etc.). It spends 1 minute to rename the folders that are affected. Of course that fix not all of the CTD’s. But it’s a nice workaround found by TenPatrol.

You may also loose some ground textures by renaming this file. You may already know that, just so other people are aware.

Loosing some ground textures or crashing to desktop, in the end it’s your own choise :wink:

For me too, the FS2020 crashes instandly and continuously ! No more playing!

100% this…Its not are job to find work arounds

2 Likes

I Can’t Play Anymore CTD When Map Loading

Even Challenge CTD Too :cold_sweat: :fearful:

Finalist the issue is acknowledged by Asobo / MS, as they made an official statement in the news section of this forum half an hour ago… Now waiting for the solution…

3 Likes

Finally…

1 Like

Then your choices are clear:

1. Make the very easy change, and continue flying in, and out of your custom airports
  2. Not use those airports, or attempt to fly near them

You’ve already used option 3, but I would wager that making a few simple changes, that others have already worked out for you, is quicker that posting a reply to the forums.

1 Like

Anybody still want to bet the update will be postponed again?

I can just imagine the trans-atlantic internet cables glowing red hot between MS and Asobo. There’ll be a lot of angst and possibly some heads rolling.

5 Likes

Plz get this fixed soon Plz

Of course it will be. Asobo will never do a hotfix for this, and they wont delay a fix for another 30 days.

I would rather it be postponed yet again than cause even more of a mess

I think you don´t understand completely: my install is pure FS2020 only (no community mods), running off-line and fs2020 crashes every time the plane is airborne!
There must be a solution created instantly!