Black avionics screens after update

I have been having this issue no matter what I do ever since patch #2 today. See the below screenshots showing the various avionics in multiple aircraft showing up either dim or black after loading into the flight.

How do I fix this?

4 Likes

First flight after the new patch, and the Beechcraft King Air’s center screen has shut down twice…now three times…make that 4–(Zendesk bug report just submitted) so far 45 minutes or so into a 3-hour flight. I reset Avionics to get the screen to turn back on, then reset Autopilot, and the system starts working again, but the center screen (never the outside screens on the King Air, just the center) shuts back off at random times and drops me out of Autopilot again and sends the plane into a spin.

This never happened to me before the newest patch.

19 Likes

This is happening to me on other planes. C172 G1000 and A320.

15 Likes

Hi @Wheeldust329, if you don’t mind, I have merged this thread with a similar one to help the dev team track these issues. Also, don’t forget to hit the Vote button in the upper left corner of the the top post to help draw attention to the various issues.

5 Likes

Ok, sounds good. Thanks. I reported it to Zendesk as well.

3 Likes

MFD is dark - no engine or nav data will display after the 2nd patch. any suggestions?

tested in sr22 and tbm.

2 Likes

Do you have MFD mods installed? They may be clashing. Works fine for me.

1 Like

hmmm. i’ll remove the dimmer mod for pfd/mfd and try again.

Hi @ExpletoryFour42, if you don’t mind, I have merged this thread with a similar one to help the dev team track these issues. Also, don’t forget to hit the Vote button in the upper left corner of the the top post to help draw attention to the various issues.

2 Likes

I found that I can have the dimmer mod installed and have the new game refresh setting at medium and it’ll work.

I can confirm that this issue does not happen on my fiancee’s version of the game. I am on Steam while she is on Gamepass. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I have zero mods installed.

1 Like

Thanks @JuiceBox7535.

i just removed the dimmer mod, restarted, and my mfd is back. I’m going to put that mod back in later and test again. right now i just want to fly (tired of loading screens)

2 Likes

Keep us posted! I saw where @Wheeldust329 mentioned he had no mods installed, so worried there is more to it. Thanks for the feedback.

I tried a dark cockpit start on A320. None of the overhead panel works except ext power. I can’t start up the plane! No avionics either. I have no mods.

6 Likes

no mods installed here. in the king air. mfd turns off i re-toggle the avionics switch it comes back up and dims the displays automatically.

11 Likes

No mods installed, same issues.

6 Likes

I had this issue in the C182T. All I had to do to fix it was to adjust the avionics dimmer in the aircraft. I don’t think that worked before, but it does now and it seemed to be defaulted to dark.

2 Likes

Black displays on 787 here too.
No mods.

Is someone in MS or Asobo testing the patch ?
This patch destroy more things than repair.

10 Likes

I found turning the increase PFD brightness knob does the trick

2 Likes