Black avionics screens after update

Yes, the ground aircraft density could be the main (or only?) guilty of this BIG bug, can confirm, ghost in cockpit with ground aircraft @ 100 density, must do further investigation with multiplayer, and IA (flying) aircraft…

I can confirm that turning off all ground traffic seems to have greatly reduced the avionics issue on my end as well. Thanks. Tremendously helpful. Still both 787 and A320 buggy, but at least I can fly and try my best.

3 Likes

You are adding this to a Zendesk report yeah? I have one open too so I’ll refer to this post.

The ground aircraft to zero solution seems to be working for me as well. Thank you!

Adam

Good find man. This is crazy…

If you have Reddit accounts, give this guy an upvote - https://old.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/iw6mis/plane_exorcisms_or_how_i_seem_to_have_reduced_or/ - he’s the one who found it but I wasn’t sure what he meant by “Ground Traffic”, I initally thought he meant cars. It was only through trial and error that I found it was the Ground Aircraft that was causing it and they are actually stationary parked vehicles, although still seemingly with conflictable instruments.

I’m guessing the sim is prioritising you, then when it loads the vehicles in as you move, it starts prioritising them instead.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve updated my bug report with these new details.

1 Like

What could they have possibly changed in the last patch that messed with ground traffic…

Unless they tried to share the same object/memory location for all aircraft and somehow included the player’s… as an optimization

This was my suspicion. After the updated some settings have been changed (for example graphics setup). So maybe the patch made some changes in the programed aircraft failures, even though they seemed to be off. After I switch failures on and off, I have no more blackouts, though more testing is needed.

On Friday I was flying over London in a group of 30-40 people. I was using X-Cub for well over an hour with no problems.

Go to Options>General >Traffic and set Ground Aircraft Density to 0. We’ve figured that’s what’s causing it.

1 Like

Can confirm. Did five cold starts each with the A32X mod: Five times with ground aircraft on: Nothing turned on. Five times with ground off: Turned on no problems. Did a 2.5 hour flight Minneapolis/St.Paul to Atlanta with the mod, livery, with no online players or ground traffic and had a perfect flight from T/O to landing. Also ran an Acars plugin and Pilot2ATC (fsuipc7) and was flawless.

When I last had the avionics black out I was flying over Houston (and managed an emergency landing with it btw haha). All online with ground traffic. So I can confirm that the busier airports and airspace affects the bug.

1 Like

Last time it happened to me, I was approaching Charles de Gaulle airport with a lot of ground traffic. That make sens.

I could never (really never) turn on the avianics of my new Mooney and I can also confirm that disabling AI ground airplanes made me startup avianics as it should be (did 6 tests). Did not do any testing during flight yet.

3 Likes

Neither of these clients care about the avionics. They loot at aircraft type, position, gear, rpm, fuel and that’s about it. (I use Sim Connect for FSE).

I had this happen to me on ing Air 350i and citation CJ4.
I stumbled upon a reddit thread saying if you turn the battery off with generators/alternator on - all will be fine. Well, as long as your engines are running. :slight_smile: [cannot add a link to it coz reasons]
It seems like the fail is triggered by the battery charge hitting 0.

My flight in CJ4 suggests battery starts in the realm of “negative charge”. And alternators do charge it back towards positive values. But once the state of 0 is reached - avionics get disabled/enter some kind of low power mode. Or something.

3 Likes

747’s PFD & MFD also turn black (in flight).
AP goes off too without any possibility to goes live again.

I can confirm. Going into the options and turning off any kind of air AI traffic fixed this issue. This is only a temporary workaround and we still have to wait for Asobo to fix this.

1 Like

I confirm also… did 3 flights of 1 hour

Thanks for this mate, I’m at work at the mo but il test later…il also update my bug report to add these details cheers again @s00zster :+1:

Duck tape engineer …Not sure if your over here on the official forum pal but a massive thank you for finding a temporary solution for this bug…I’m not on Reddit so I can’t thank you there. Cheers pal

1 Like