Black Screen after Launching

Hi everyone, hope you’re all okay.

I have been using MSFS2020 absolutely fine until the USA update which I installed last week. Launched the game this morning with no issues, exited the game, then attempted to relaunch the game but after clicking the icon to launch I see a black screen with the rotating loading circle in the bottom right corner - this rotates once, then stops and I am stuck on a black screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game after this, but I have the same issue. Prior to uninstalling, I removed all community mods from the community folder and so there is nothing in that folder.

I have submitted a zendesk request, but I just wondered if anyone else has faced this problem.

Thanks everyone!

This just started for me. I wonder if it has to do with the VR update?

I kinda think so too. Everything was just fine until the VR update.

I got it working yesterday. I think it may actually be a server issue on their end. took forever (like 10 minutes) to verify my gamer tag and then it gradually loaded in. I also cleared the gamer tag ticket from the credentials manager (although it didn’t ask for it afterwards).

Hi guys, just to let you know - I managed to fix this by making sure that my sound output was selected to my default (which is my monitor speakers in my case) rather than any speakers I had plugged into my set up.

I think the issue was caused my a Nahmic driver update. However, I am now getting stuck on the “World Update 2: USA” loading bar screen, in which the spinning white circle is continuous and never finished. Whether these issues are connected or whether this is a new issue caused by the latest update I’m not sure.