Black Screens in every glass cockpit aircraft (GA included)

During a test with the 787-10, there were problems with the avionics, the screens went out and after going out, it tried to turn on again.

I removed all addons to perform the test. In the video it is possible to see that the aircraft tries to restore, but is unable to do so due to low console memory.

It is necessary to improve performance with optimization to avoid problems like this.

During a test with the 787-10, there were problems with the avionics, the screens went out and after going out, it tried to turn on again.

I removed all addons to perform the test. In the video it is possible to see that the aircraft tries to restore, but is unable to do so due to low console memory.

It is necessary to improve performance with optimization to avoid problems like this.

This problem is not specific to an airplane. I tested both aircraft such as the Cessna 172 Garmin Cockpit and Airliner on the Xbox X. Sometimes the screens are black even in parking position.But no later than 10-30 minutes after takeoff everything is dark. This bug break the game in the beta for me.

2 Likes

Have you tried flying the 787? Yesterday I did a quick flight and the performance was bad in the cockpit (no Blackscreens) but I did notice that after finishing an aileron turn the plane oscilated in the roll axis for about 5 seconds after releasing the controls.

Not sure if this is a SU15 beta or the issue was happening before as I stopped flying the 787 since release of SU14

2 Likes

Release 1.37.2.0 on Xbox Series X

The combination of hardware-intensive aircraft, coupled with handcrafted airports, still causes black screens.

I tried taking off from Asobo PADERBORN airport on the Asobo A310 and after configuring the plane, pushback and engines start, when requesting taxi clearance… black screens.

Same here, Xbox X. Flying the PMDG 738 from Inibuilds KOKC, a flight I have made dozens of times with never a problem, goes black screen every time now during startup from cold and dark.

I tried 3 times, all with the same result. I rebooted my Xbox, restarted the sim and cleared my rolling cache, all to no avail.

I’ve backed out the beta but haven’t had a chance to try again yet.

How do Xbox users report their findings to Asobo? Will they be monitoring this thread? Can confirm that black screens are still an issue. Currently no CTDs with the beta but it seems they’ve simply taken memory from one element of the sim and shifted it to another.

3 Likes

How do we report bugs?
Same as everyone else, posting a bug report on the forums.

If Asobo opens a section of the forums specifically for the beta and they don’t read the posts, we should be very disappointed.
I understand that the idea of this forum is precisely to report the problems we encounter when using the Beta.

Similar here,

ABOs on Xbox-S pretty much from all my beta team, they remove SU15 and things work… this is with default airplanes and FSR500 even with our .LITE liveries which were working just fine prior to SU15.

It seems the memory management is now more aggressive into shutting down the avionics as before SU15, this will make people way more frustrated than ever, IMO ideally the internal avionics should have priority over external assets, so cull down AI traffict, model matching and LODs over distances prior to kill coherent.

Killing user avionics is a big immersion killer.

Best,
Raul

10 Likes

During 3 hours of testing post beta release on XBox, I encountered 5 CTDs and more FBOs.

This includes flights from stock airports which had not previously been an issue.

On one of the flights, I was flying from EGPH to EGCC with live weather (IFR) and time (dark) in the FSR500 using Lite liveries

I was flying in a group with a player also on Xbox series X, with similar settings - but they were not on SU15.

I experienced significant and severe lag whilst lining up, taking off and in early stages of the departure - whereas as the non SU15 player had no such issues.

Passing the FAF on approach ILS 23-R at EGCC I again experienced significant lag, followed by complete ABO and autopilot failure~ 3 miles from the threshold… Not great in the dark in IFR conditions! Non SU15 player had no such issues, and a smooth approach with no lag.

Whilst the FSR500 is a complex aircraft, I do not normally have these issues at stock airports. The fact that the same flight (identical Simbrief route imported and same procedures loaded) resulted in such a significantly worse experience under SU15 beta on an otherwise almost identical configuration, is a clear indication that the performance and stability under SU15 beta are a significant step back compared to the current SU14 release version.

2 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Asobo 787-10 default livery

Brief description of the issue:

A/C at Gate at KEWR (Dz) checklist complete through Preflight, when switching to Showcase view to look around the airport & terminal, upon return to flight deck all flight display screens blacked out, returns after a few moments.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight at a gate, autocomplete checklists through Preflight, switch camera views to have a look around the scenery then return to the flight deck and observe display status

PC specs and peripheral set up:

XBox System X with 2TB, TB V1F yoke

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

At times during takeoff and landing with the 787, I am experiencing “stuttering” freezing the screen, before the SU15 beta it was much worse, it still continues but it has decreased more.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Nope

Boeing 787-10,9

I have been having this issue and found 0 fixes or anyone with an issue like mine. Before my descent, maybe even sometimes on the ground after pushback, following all checklists my avionic screens will literally just black out and turn off. When they turn back on, they’re on for 2 minutes and turn off the LNAV and VNAV. Making flying it really frustrating.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Are you using DLSS?

No.

Cirrus SR22T, Boeing 787-10, CubCrafters NXCub

Glass cockpit screens don’t turn on, or turn off seconds after turning on, in any aircraft I tested. I have never encountered this issue before, it happened right after enrolling to the Beta.

Note: I restarted my Xbox Series X console after enrolling in the Beta. I restarted the simulator after all content packages were updated. I do not use Rolling Cache.

The video below “showcases” the issues in all three aircraft.

(Additional bugs: Stuttering in small airport (not third-party) in SR22T. External power couldn’t be turned on in the B787-10.)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Load into any glass cockpit aircraft. (“Cold and dark”)
  2. Turn the battery on and see if the screens turn on / stay on.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

N/A (Xbox Series X)

N/A (Xbox Series X)

Are you using DLSS?

N/A (Xbox Series X)

Are you using DLSS?

I’m a newbie to this forum and not sure if this is related to your issue.I had an issue where my FMC would shut off on its own even in flight. I moved my magnito switch to the “both” option and never experienced this issue again. Let me know if this works for you?

I don’t think it’s related. The magneto switch should be in the “both” position all the time during flight, by the way. As you can see on my video, my screens didn’t even turn on, no matter the aircraft or the airport.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, Raul. It’s just annoying when it happened even in default airports, in default aircraft, i’m not even talking about 3rd party airports

4 Likes

Just flown from YSCB to YSSY in the ATR 72-600, stock everything and experienced BS on final. This is the first BS I’ve had since the Beta was released. I managed a VFR go around and landing with no casualties :grin: Also there was no ATC voice for the entire flight from taxing to landing.

I’ve mostly stayed away from busy airports and everything seemed to be fine with a couple of flights a day but it is limiting if you can take off or land at larger/busy airports.

I’ve steered clear of buying airports apart from my local, EGLF by Burning Blue Designs. Prior to this Beta its always been a stutter fest and it’s pot luck if you can get to line up for take off before a BS occurs.

Typically opening the world map triggers the BS and if I don’t go near this then there’s a chance I can get off the ground but performance is rubbish until I’ve cleared the vicinity. On this occasion it just randomly happened.

I run an Xbox S with Thrustmaster HOTAS One and Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I have all world updates loaded and generally things are fine.

I’ve had some MFD issues with the CJ4. Other aircraft so far do not seem to be a problem.

If i fly Citation Longitude, would i risk black screens even on it?
I am Xbox Series X