Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

It had that ring because it had the same Dart engines!

No, because I have functioning vision. Youā€™re seriously comparing this to the BB Islander? This is from Simmarket for the FSX Islander:

Seriously, give me a break. Saying ā€œhey, I feel the textures could be better,ā€ cool. Thatā€™s your opinion and youā€™re entitled to it. I may disagree, yippee. Who cares. Comparing it to FSX? Thatā€™s just absolutely ridiculous.

6 Likes

Gentlemen, maybe the ā€œFSXā€ part of this discussion needs to close, before some over-zealous moderator closes this thread. A massive amount of work has gone into the V2 Islander, it is almost ready to release. Letā€™s not muddy the waters. And a gentle reminder to anyone who might get confused. The image in the above post is not of the BlackBox Islander (but makes a good comparison!). THIS image (below) isā€¦

I can tell you this. The aircraft is a pleasure to have tested, critiqued, criticized, bugged Graham about improving, and finally ā€œphotographedā€. Those of us involved officially and unofficially in its development hope you will enjoy it as much as we have.

18 Likes

This was already a very good aircraft and after this V2 update I believe it will be on most lists of top 5 addons. Looking fantastic.

2 Likes

Simply to add Baggage space

2 Likes

If you just downloaded it you wont have V2.0
(Unless I sent you a Pre Release) :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are built in features making best use of MSFS Emissive materials

1 Like

Humbled Ken ā€¦ Thank you

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited!

I read ā€œ32 liveries across 7 variants
Civil, Military and Cargo models Plus ā€œlong noseā€ Variant (Image above)ā€ā€¦

ā€¦ this has me crossing all my fingers and toes for turbine variants (e.g. BN-2T, inc. the AL1)! Please, please, pleaseā€¦ pretty please!

I really wish that image would be deleted by the poster. He made his point, but it definitely might confuse people. :confused:

1 Like

Images all look great canā€™t wait for V2 to hit marketplace to go check it out. Congrats and kudos for fantastic existing customer service.

1 Like

Looking good! Iā€™m convinced!

1 Like

Fantastic news! Already loving the BB Islander and this will just make it even better, thanks for the great work and support @NightMercury358 !

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint but the BN2T is a Totally different aircraft and Not included (Yet)

1 Like

Appreciated thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

On this basis and the imagery in this thread I have just done that! Looking forward to trying it out later.

2 Likes

Same here! Should be interesting to have the direct comparison between the old and the new version later on.

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy to wait for a few impartial reviews if it costs me an extra 5 euros.

Ahhhh you got us there!!!

Just reading between the linesā€¦
With that winky face and the fact you said it was ā€œWay to complexā€¦ā€ to do a 1930s cockpitā€¦
NAC livery looked superb on it by the way :wink:

Oh and keep up with the great work with showcasing New Zealand!!!

The BN2 has a new operator in New Zealand in the form of Golden bay air

Oh and a metroliner aka ā€˜pencil planeā€™ would be an absolute gem for MSFSā€¦ followed by the still much flown Q300 (Air NZ 23)or now known again as the Dash300ā€¦
A Saab would be great too but looks blike nexgen are doing oneā€¦ hoping they re do their EMB 110ā€¦
Unless you will absolutely blow them out of the waterā€¦
Save your time, effort and double up and make a sexy metroliner in those teal and blue ā€˜Air NZ linkā€™ stripes :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I did the same and took the old version out for a test run so Iā€™d be able to see the changes as well. I must say, the reviews are pretty darned accurate in terms of its handling characteristics. Definitely fun to fly. Once the update drops, itā€™ll be looking the part as well. Great job listening to the community and updating this bird. Iā€™m sure it will prove having been worth the effort.

3 Likes