Blackshark.ai - Too many trees, in too many wrong places

The post that I was referencing and others that I’ve seen in the past specifically mentioned “density,” as in Tree Draw Distance / LOD Issues This thread is also entitled “Too many trees, in too many wrong places” as well. So whatever underlying parameter is the actual cause, a commonly recurring symptom is too many trees (often too big trees, too) in too many wrong places as soon as one gets close. I think a lot of the commentary is not much help because it references BEFORE and AFTER views within the sim, not real life.

The most useful commentary would compare views in the sim to what actually exists in real life. In my experience, Google Maps 3D is usually much closer to reality than any MSFS sim 3D and Google Maps and Google Earth have user-posted pictures available and also Street View for Google Maps that’s actual camera ground-level footage of real life.

As I mentioned above, Asobo/Blackshark.ai need to improve their tree-generation algorithm and maybe the quality of input data and context fed the algorithm. We shouldn’t have to fiddle with it to get an out-of-box average user experience hopefully at least as good as Google Maps 3D someday.