Blacksquare baron 58 eninge question

Hi all!

i just wanna wask a qustion since everybody say the blacksquare got so good on everything but i dont think the Engine works att all…

i tried 16X wear rate and pushed full throttle on the ground for 15 minutes all temps on red and the engine wear was 71% and no fails, this is not normal? i mena i got other aircraft when u pull full engine for like 6-7 mins the engine blows

/Anders

The Baron has normal Continental opposed cylinder air cooled reciprocating engines. You can full throttle them all day long and not really damage them (assuming full oil and everything is up to snuff and you’re not overheating them). Turboprops and radials on the other hand, not so much.

BTW, the engine is working fine for you based on what you said. I assume, based on what I could understand from your question, you think their failure model isn’t working as well as you’d like.

i dont know, i just imagine that any engine in real world on red temps is getting destroyed.

specially oil temp on max temps.

I missed that you said in the red. How far into the red?

Be that as it may, it’s pretty hard to kill a direct drive Continental engine. The gear driven ones, not so much, but that has more to do with chewing up the gear box due to improper propeller management.

It will fail if you kept going past 89% damage. Why did you stop at 71% ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the forum.

well i mean whats the point in being gentle with the engine when u can just have full prop and throttle all time? nothing changes did like 7 hours flying on FULL and engine on 98% :slight_smile:

take the big radials goose for example if u do that for 10 min its engine out

Maybe fuel consumption?