Blender Asobo Exporter Error

Hello everyone,
my mother tongue is german and the text was translated with google.

I’m working on my first MSFS Scenery and for the first time with the Blender Asobo Exporter. The glTF export makes the following error when exporting (untextured building, Blender 3.3 LTS Asobo Exporter 1.3.1):

Now I just tried to export a standard cube with MSFS standard material, the same message. I tried different ways, unpacked exporter manually and copied it to Blender Addon directory and other things. Everything I have tried can be read under the following link, starting at post number 183 (there I am the user “onlinetk”):

Unfortunately they couldn’t help me there.

I also installed Blender on a different PC and I have the same problem. One PC has Windows 11, the other Windows 10.

Is there a solution for this?

Ok looking at the error, line 82 shows that you still have the 1.3.0 exporter installed. So you need to fix that.

Since you tried to install this add-on different times in different ways. You need to remove the conflicting add-on version manually.

Close Blender

Add-ons are stored in different places on your computer.

I am going to suggest things that assume you undertsand computer folder and files locations.

Go to your blender addon installation for Blender 3.3 it may be in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.3\3.3\scripts\addons

Please make sure there is no io_scene_gltf2_msfs folder. If you see one delete that folder.

DO NOT DELETE THE

io_scene_gltf2

folder, this is the core Khronos code.

Now go to the second place that add-ons could be

C:\Users\tobia\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.3\scripts\addons

Delete the io_scene_gltf2_msfs folder.

Start Blender

Check add-ons and make sure you have the “io_scene_gltf2” addon only, the msfs one should be gone.

Now reinstall the msfs Asobo 1.3.1 addon using the edit Preferences way with the proper zip file.

https://github.com/AsoboStudio/glTF-Blender-IO-MSFS/releases/download/v1.3.1/io_scene_gltf2_msfs.zip

2 Likes