Bleriot XI Issues

So i’m fairly new to the sim and i just got the Bleriot XI by Wing42. I did a little flying with the Gnome, but noticed some issues with that and had some bigger problems with the Anzani ones:

~ For all of them, it seems like the airplanes start with all the valves and magneto already set (even when choosing to start cold)
~ For the Gnome, the Fuel Control seems to be slammed all the way forward and doesn’t like to move from that position, regardless of what i do
~ For both Anzani variants, the engine refuses to stay on. I’ve followed everything in the manual on starting them up, as well as watched videos with people doing it fine, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ll go through the whole process and within seconds of the engine starting, it’ll die, even with opening the Oil Pressure Gauge

I’m not sure if these are user errors from me being a baddie or if these are things that are affecting other people? I wanted to check before reaching out to the devs themselves, so any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

“Start the Engine by pulling firmly the propellor” :smile_cat:

Yes with the oldest Anzani I’ve noticed that the engine will stop before takeoff. Press keyboard Control-E to restart your engine when that happens. Can’t advise about these fuel gauges and switches, I have no problem getting the XI Gnome up. I really enjoy that one.

Yeah, with both the Anzani’s i’ve tried Control-E starting, but it suffers from the same issue of the engine stopping after a few seconds D:

The Gnome has been a blast so far, it’s officially the fourth plane i can land without crashing XD

After Control-E don’t wait, KEEP giving it throttle… else the propellor will stop again. I always maintain throttle to the max, at takeoff… mind the rudder, gyro will take it to one side. You can build up gradually with Gnome XI but this Anzani needs MAX throttle, else you won’t gain enough altitude, or stall :grin: it’s an old lady who rather wants to put her head to one side and sleep, than going up. Especially these two brown ones. I prefer Gnome XI for the engine.

2 Likes

It took a few tries to get it right, but slamming the throttle to full after spinning the propeller did the trick! Thanks a ton, i never would’ve thought of that haha

Does the airplane load in for you with all the valves and magneto already set as well?

Well I fiddled with these controls on the first night… did not find anything that affected the flight actually. But that was the first night, I have not tried since. I am definitely NOT an expert in cockpit controls, or pilot in RL, please explain… would it be a problem ? is there something I can do mid-flight with these controls ?

There is no idle on the Bleriot, pulling the throttle all the way back will cut the engine.

Indeed, that can also explain the takeoff initial shutoff. The REAL way it is (was) done…

Almost a month with the plane and it’s defs one of the most fun and unique ones in the hangar. Still working my way up to having actual flights with the RIP Edition, but hopefully one day i’ll master it haha

After the latest update I could not keep the Anzani going even after Ctrl E.

The solution is to map Throttle Axis 1 to your throttle instead of Throttle axis. This is a problem I had with a different add-on plane and found it mentioned on the forum for that one. The re-map totally solved it for me.

3 Likes

Thanx for that - I will try it. I don’t usually use throttle on RIP and the other Anzani version for obvious reasons and often not on the rotary version (for realism) but it will be nice to have it working.

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with issues I’m having with the Gnome variant.

I cannot get the engine to stay running after take off!

I follow the instructions in the manual for set up and start up. It runs for as long as you like on the ground. The moment the aircraft takes off, after 30seconds or 5 minutes idling on the runway, theengine cuts out.

The Anzani is fine, that runs.

I have mapped ‘throttle axis 1’ to my Flight stick throttle so I have throttle control. I have checked for ANY mixture control bindings in controls and fine none.

If anyone has any ideas what I’m doing wrong I’d be eternally grateful. Including advice as to where the throttle (assume wide open?) and mixture (Half/ full forwards??) should be set.

Thank you! I have been struggling to understand why my throttle control (single axis X52) wouldn’t move the aircraft throttle. I have been flying using keyboard controls to move the throttle!

1 Like

Use throttle 1.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm that you have to bind Throttle 1 instead of just Throttle to your controller in order for it to work.