Chongqing, China - Screenshot by Reinier044
We are overwhelmed by the community response after our E3 Announcement reveal! If you missed it (first of all, how?!), check out this extended interview from Xbox Games Showcase Extended where Jorg Neumann discusses some of the new features:
Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Xbox Series X|S on July 27th, 2021! And that’s right – a free Top Gun: Maverick update is coming this fall for everyone. Have a question about Xbox and PC improvements coming at the end of July? Ask here! On June 30th, we will host a second Dev Q&A dedicated solely to this topic. We can’t wait to answer your questions!
And of course, click here for some basic FAQ questions that we’ve already answered about the Xbox launch.
We hope you are enjoying World Update V: Nordics that launched earlier today and we look forward to your feedback!
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
- The new SDK DevSupport platform is live! Create your account on https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com, make sure to take a look at the guidelines, and then you can start exploring all the ideas & answers shared by the community! This space is 100% dedicated to the SDK, so no other topics will be discussed here.
- On the new release note window, we fixed the “Download” button which wasn’t displayed as the icon was missing from the package.
In the Project Editor:
- We now prevent generated airport package names from containing illegal characters.
- We’re making some changes on the different wizards so that they will define the package’s name after the definition of the assets (ie: after choosing an ICAO for an airport).
In the Scenery Editor:
- We now allow the use of SceneryStatistics even when no project is loaded.
In the FX Editor:
- We fixed crashes on the node graph.
- We fixed the behavior of the BezierCurve, which calculated the curve the wrong way.
- We fixed a crash that could happen when closing the sim while FX were playing.
- We now expose the particles color.
As of 06/12, we have now approved 197 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 106 (+8) have released 435 products (+26).
In total, 1,063 products (+24) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 350 products (+7) from 3rd party developers are in production (217 announced, 133 unannounced). In total, over 1,412 3rd party products (+23) are either released or are in development.
887 airports (+13) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 673 airports (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 364 airports (+21) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 103 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 112 airports (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
166 aircraft (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 49 aircraft (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 28 aircraft (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 96 aircraft (+0) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 21 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
322 sceneries (+7) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 304 sceneries (+7) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 27 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 18 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
37 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 37 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 4 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
Today there are 23 new products and 3 updated products in the Marketplace.
23 NEW PRODUCTS
3 UPDATED PRODUCTS
Check out our upcoming streams! Follow our Twitch channel here.
Thanks for tuning into our two Q&As this week! They will be live on Youtube shortly.
Last Friday, we chatted with Hy, freeware mod creator, on stream! He created several mods for the community. Check them out here:
For a demonstration of these awesome free mods, check out the VOD for last Friday’s stream!
Last challenge’s Finalists:
Lotustempel, Delhi - Screenshot by Gebetho
Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300
Screenshot by YusufWardana
Pearl Fuji (Mt. Fuji), Japan - Screenshot by canuck695
Taklamakan Desert, China - Screenshot by Netiense
Bali, Batur - Screenshot by Jannik207
Itsukushima Shrine - Screenshot by TastingDevotee7
Tokyo - Screenshot by ZdenniZ
Macao - Screenshot by CasualClick
Singapore - Screenshot by IndefiniteMoos
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – June 24th, 2021
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team