Blue oceans and seas

I usually fly over Mediterranean Sea, in my real life probably is the bluest thing I’ve ever seen with green beautiful shores… In flight simulator 2020 the sea is a dirty geen or brown so far from reality, I’d like if someone could improve it.

I’ve also seen this effect when flying in the Caribbean and a few miles offshore in the Hawaiian Islands. Hate seeing these areas that should be beautiful shades of blue look so tan/brown.

I think they need to fix water everywhere. So many lakes and rivers have the same ugly blue that is in the borders of this forum. Sometimes water is great, most of the time it’s not.

1 Like

I really like the water in the sim after the Japan update. I have not seen those effects you mention though. I flew in Faro and is nothing alike to the Episode of Europe though, and well as French Polynesia, some areas need improvement in the water effect. I’ll check more the Mediterranean as it seems all the same to me but not green or brown. Cheers

1 Like

I think we are not flying the same sea.

I took this screenshot this morning close to Sicilly.

And I took this image of the Mediterranean sea three years ago.

2 Likes

That is strange. Could be the settings? Lighting? wind?
I just took this one, 08:00 AM out of Raisi Palermo

Please, try at noon.

Sure thing. Catania depart. At noon. The sunset one is at 5:40 with wind speed 20

1 Like

I did notice that the sea at noon is very calm, I flew with few clouds but it is almost to live weather effect but without clouds.
I play on line (100 mb) these are my general settings if that could be of relevance and my system is:
Asus motherboard H110M-A /Asus GeForce Tuf gaming GTX 1660 Super OC (6G) /Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz - 32 GB RAM -Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS (10.0 built 19041) 3840 x 2160, 60 Hz 4k 55" TV screen

How about instead of blue oceans and seas, we have accurately-colored bodies of water calibrated to the D65 white point?

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean :pensive:
In my case the color of the water changes depending on the lighting and clouds, for example this is Miami very different from the above. New York is different too. I think all depends on light

As it should… However, the OP is saying he wants blue oceans and seas vice whatever color they are now. I am replying stating that the seas should be the most accurate color that they can be under standard conditions. Environmental factors that deviate from standard conditions are fine - if you have the correct baseline.

1 Like

I really know how mediterranean looks like with different weather and different seasons, believe me, and is not like we can see in the simulator right now.

Well some day in the near or distant future when the simulator is or isn’t broken, I’m sure that they will be able to tune water colors a bit. Water masking definitely needs lots of love.

It’s not everywhere, but a lot of places. Fly around Florida in mostly clear/clear skies to get a sense of what I’m talking about.

To respond back to my own post, I flew the same HI route again today (21 Nov) and the oceans were distinctly more blue and much better looking than when I posted my original response. Glad to see that change!

1 Like

I appears to be dependent on light, ok but there is no brown water in the Pacific regardless of the light. Then need to fix the color problem