Blurry Ground Textures after SU6

Hi guys,

My ground textures are very blurry and photogrammtry also doesnt load properly since updating to SU6.

Already deleted the rolling cache. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

The screenshot was taken over Germany.

Hi,

I’m having an issue like this in the UK since SU6 on Series X. Could maybe be the same problem?

Ground textures seem very inconsistent now and it’s very noticeable at lower altitudes. I’ll fly over an area at about 2000 ft and it looks fine, then as I continue, I notice the quality of ground textures become extremely blurry. I fly a bit more and they’re fine again a few seconds later. It goes on like this, with areas of ground texture going from blurry to clear maybe several times per minute as I move around the area.

I can sometimes force blurry areas to load the proper resolution by circling down really low. But when I fly away and come back again, it’s sometimes low Res again, and sometimes not. I’ve been doing this in the Icon and ultralight back and forth all over Teesside in the UK (haven’t tested anywhere else yet) and I can’t see a pattern, it’s very inconsistent. Sometimes a particular area will be clear, sometimes that same area is blurry. All within the same flight.

I don’t know what’s going on but its as if it’s forcing lower LOD ground textures maybe about 30 - 40% of flying time for some reason? Or maybe just not realising it has to load the higher LOD texture sometimes.

I have no addons installed. I also cleared the rolling cache but that didn’t fix it.

Haven’t tested photogrammetry yet.

Here are some screen shots to show my problem. These are on Series X as mentioned above, in the UK.

It seems that the issue is that the ground texture is now consistently low res and blurry way too close to the player after update 6. All these screenshots are below 2000ft, and not zoomed in. I’ve included two versions of each pic in order to show the blurry textures but also the same places with better textures (I just moved the camera a tiny bit closer to make the better textures appear).

Pre update 6, I never noticed any blurry ground textures whatsoever on Series X. It looked sharp everywhere, from any height. Any switching through LOD resolutions was far enough away that it was seamless. I noticed in the patch notes that it mentioned “further optimization”, but if this is what was meant by that, I think its much too aggressive and unnecessary. Performance was fine before and visually the sim looked WAY better in terms of ground texture. I actually cant tell any difference performance wise.

I really hope this can be fixed, or just put back to how it was pre update 6.

And at even lower altitude this time. Compare the roads in the midle and lower half of the screen in particular:

1 Like

Posted some more shots in this thread
Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth - Bugs & Issues / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I’m having the exact same issues right now.

Here’s my internet speed (it’s not the best in the world, but it should be enough):

Here’s what I get in the sim:

The I check the options and make sure all the online features are turned ON. And this is what I see in the sim:

That looks terrible! And it wasn’t that bad before the latest sim update. I’m getting really disappointed with the increasing number of bugs and issues in this game :frowning:

2 Likes

Exactly the same, posted in general discussion about this. Started all of the sudden yesterday… Plus on top lots of popping and black rectangle buildings. Settings are OK and all online. Doing a complete reinstall now

You bandwidth should be fine. I’m getting the same and these are my speeds

Again - don’t thing it’s your install but something on the server side (think they mentioned a tweak for multiplayer, and it may be affecting terrain textures).

Same for me on Xbox series S. For my side this happened after SU7.