Blurry VR

I know this has been discussed before but has it suddenly got a lot worse recently for anyone in VR? I’m not even talking about since the last update but literally in the last few days.

Even after the latest sim update it was acceptable to me, not perfect but good enough, even last Saturday it was ok but all last week its been terrible. I haven’t altered any settings or made any changes to my PC but even buildings close to me are shimmering and the pop ins are terrible.

Is this a server issue, are they limiting the resolution we can see by any chance, its as if the servers are overloaded and we are only getting basic graphics.

My specs are i7 11700k
RTX 3080ti
32Gb ram

1 Like

delete your directx sharder cache through clean disk

https://www.google.com/search?q=delete+directx+cache&rlz=1C1ONGR_frFR930FR930&oq=delete+directx+cache&aqs=chrome…69i57.7876j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_L2uuYeaxJ8aIacXpm_AN17

Thanks me later. :slight_smile:

I tried the shader cache thing the other week and I’ve just done it now, not made any difference. This isn’t me be a bit picky, its truly awful, its like I suddenly need glasses, it really is that bad and is unplayable now.

I’ve even tried turning up everything to the max so it becomes a slideshow and although it goes at a crawl its still blurry outside. Thing is the cockpit is crystal clear, I can read the smallest of text very easily, its as if the cockpit windows are covered in vaseline.

I use latest open xr set to 95%, FS render is 95%, terrain LOD is 150 and object LOD is 150. Not sure what else I can do now, what I do know though is I’ve had the game for a year and I still have to fiddle about with the settings every time I use it, I’ve never even done a proper flight yet, its all been trial, error and tests.

since i have the same issue (Samsung Odyssey+) i stumbled across this one…:

It is strange, I could understand if it had never worked but as recently as a week ago it was pretty much perfect, I was flying and thought wow this is looking stunning outside, the very next day I thought wow this looks awful, every building apart from the ones directly below me are shimmering and all the bushes and trees are blurred, its been like that since.

My first flight after installing the beta patch was a blurry mess. My settings were 100/100 yet I know from experience it was more like 100/70. I did a restart and everything was fine but it did suggest to me that something went wrong between MSFS and openxr. As you have experienced good visuals before I’d suggest you reinstall openxr.

Could it be a new OXR runtime? Try unchecking “Use latest runtime…” in OXR/settings

You mean this ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.