Boeing 717-200 in development

Hello!

I am the developer at HamFam Simulations and I am happy to announce that we are making a Boeing 717-200 for MSFS!

I look forward to sharing more info about he plane in the future :slight_smile: Any updates I provide will be posted here as well as on the HamFam simulations Discord. (here is the server link: HamFam Simulations Microsoft Flight Sim Addons/Mods)

Here are some FAQs about the project:
Q.) How much will it cost?
A.) We are unsure at the moment, it may even be freeware if we decide to.

Q.) When is the release date?
A.) To avoid highly inaccurate estimates we will not say. As we get closer to the end though we can start giving some hints as to when it will be released. But sometime in 2024 is our goal.

Q.) When did we start the project?
A.) We just started at the end of May 2023

Q.) Will it be high-fidelity?
A.) That is our goal! If not then as close to real life as possible.

Q.) Will it be released on both MSFS2020 and MSFS2024?
A.) Once Asobo shares more info on cross-compatibility for products, we can provide a clearer answer but we hope it will be available on both platforms.

In the meantime, here is an engine :wink:

13 Likes

many thanks for your Job. I didn’t drive ever a 717 in simulation, but I know very well the md80 and md11. I will wait with impacience this airplane, in meantime good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for your support!

It will be amazing to have it on Xbox. May this be in the team’s thoughts. All support to the project.

3 Likes

Good luck! If this is your first project you will notice that the visual model is by far the easiest part. If you start to struggle, don’t give up. There is a huge developer community who is willing to help if they get approached with difficult topics, even the “large names” do that. Indepth system development of complex aircraft like this will take time, use it and always look forward but don’t hurry yourself. And better don’t set yourself a deadline =) As I said, Good luck! It’s a great decision for an airplane!

1 Like

I believe these 2 statements are incompatible from the estimates I have previously seen from other devs, thugh I wish you the best and I hope I am wrong

2 Likes

Of course, it’s our goal but with that being said it may change :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to it, it is an amazing plane, take your time and build the best product you can :wink:

2 Likes

I Can’t wait to do some AirTran, Hawaiian and Delta flights with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I almost exclusively flew AirTran when it was around. I was on those 717s all the time, which is why the 717 is still one of my favorite aircraft; nostalgia.

Good luck! I’m looking forward to getting some more details as the project progresses.

3 Likes

But sometime in 2024 is our goal.

Q.) When did we start the project?
A.) We just started at the end of May 2023

I believe these 2 statements are incompatible from the estimates I have previously seen from other devs, thugh I wish you the best and I hope I am wrong

Agreed. I don’t think there is any good plane that has been developed in anything under 2-3 years…

BTW, has Leonard announced anything about a 717 as yet? I would have imagined that they would be the next natural 717 after the Fly the Maddog…

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for a developer to prove me wrong in situations like these.

I’ve been in this hobby since 1996. If I had a nickle for every project that gets announced by a first-time developer, showing off a single part they made while announcing good quality on a short timeframe… Well, I’d be able to buy a gold-plated 747.

Basically, in my opinion, it’d save everyone a lot of grief - developers included - if they only showed off projects when you’ve got at the very least a complete model from nose to tail.

Usually these projects are simply forgotten three months down the line, if that. I stopped getting excited over them.

9 Likes

Tfdi made one for P3d that I owned and loved it . They just announced at expo they remaking it for msfs . Good to have multiple devs . Congrats good luck can’t wait .

1 Like

I was at FSExpo and somehow missed this announcement. Must have been stealthy marketing.

Watch at 5:00 till end.

2 Likes

That was indeed as stealthy an announcement as could have been made. “No promises”, “I don’t want to sign us up for anything”, “not going to spend ANY effort on anything else until we delivered on that promise” (referring to MD-11), but it’s definitely coming at some point. To my knowledge, they didn’t announce that anywhere else, even at the booth.

I fly on Hawaiian all the time can’t wait to fly in the sim

2 Likes