Boeing 757/767

Are there any study level 75/76’s for the sim yet? Other than the CS 767-400. I just cant justify spending even close to that kind of money on it.

Nope. There aren’t any.

I don’t think there is… And tbh, I’ve never seen 757 and 767 in my life. I thought it’s not in service, but apparently I was wrong. None of the operators in my country operate it.

EDIT: I think a 757 has been announced. But it’s still taking a while before it will be released.

2 Likes

Still quite a few around, one of the main holiday airlines in the UK has some plus quite a few now as freighters.

The CS 757 for P3D was a great medium complexity aircraft, shame they’ve gone down a bad path.

List of Boeing 757 operators - Wikipedia.

Yeah, I grew up in Indonesia and I’m living in Australia at the moment. None of the Indonesian or Australian Airlines have ever operate a 757 or 767 throughout my lifetime. So that’s why I never seen them in my life. I didn’t even know they existed until I start diving into this flight simming hobby.

The carriers where I live is either flying 737, or 777. Similar for Airbus, it’s either A320, or A330 and nothing else. So I had the misfortune of thinking that none of the other variant aircraft ever existed apart from the most popular 747 or A380. It also doesn’t help that the official Boeing website doesn’t have 757 listed in there.

Even I only saw the A350 when I was traveling to Hong Kong, and even then I mistakenly thought it was a 787, but it didn’t make sense to me because the chevron engine covers were missing.

So yeah, I’m a bit bias, if an airline operator where I live never operate a particular model. I usually never thought that they exist or even in production anymore.

I like the 757 personally, it’s got a very distinctive profile. Incredibly powerful engines too, it’s almost as if the engines are too much and the abundance of power is a bit unnecessary haha. Hopefully this’ll come to Xbox.

1 Like

I think Qantas may have operated a fleet of around 41 Boeing 767 between 1985 and 2014. The last 5 or so aircraft were retired in 2014. I believe they were used on domestic and international passenger flights.

Ansett also operated a smaller size fleet of 767’s in Australia, around 14 or so I think. I believe all of their aircraft may have been in active service up until 2001 when Ansett’s entire fleet was grounded.

yeah, I wasn’t in Australia at that time, I only started living there from 2016. Even Qantas have now decided to retire their entire Boeing fleet in the near future and just placed an order for A220s, A320s, and A350s, to replace them. They will have an entirely Airbus fleet in the future.

I don’t think I ever had the privilege of travelling with Ansett, I’ve only seen their photos in magazines back then. Even then, I don’t know what aircraft it was. I find it difficult to differentiate between 767 and 777 from the exterior unless I compare the two side-by-side.

Yeah, it’s going to be an interesting few years ahead for Australian aviation, isn’t it. The Boeing 787-Dreamliner sort of seems to be one of their models that has seen recent success with companies such as Qantas, but as you say, even that may be retired in favour of an Airbus.

I flew on a 767 with Qantas from Sydney to either Adelaide or Perth, I can’t quite recall which. I don’t remember flying with Ansett either, but I may have. I was young, growing up in regional Australia at the time, so flights were few and far between.

PMDG teased the idea that they will develop a 757 at some point. Not sure that will come anytime soon since I believe the 747 and 777 are next on their list after the 737s are released.

I would really look forward to gaining either a 757 or A321 neo. I feel like that small-mid size aircraft is missing in the sim currently.

1 Like

I miss the old LDS767 for FS2004/FSX. Great model.

1 Like

It’s there, you just have to look. It hasn’t been in production since 2005 so it’s an historical product now.

https://www.boeing.com/history/products/757.page

I know… but this is the page that I meant… the page where people can just open and see at first.

Boeing: Commercial

Yeah, Qantas is definitely going down an all Airbus path - except for the 787. Even then, that may be replaced sometime in the future with a330neos or some sort, who knows eh?

A350s of course… It’s the only aircraft comparable to the 787… The same way that the A330 is comparable to the 777s.

There is snowpalmstudios 767-300ER and although it has a native cockpit, it is HIGHLY WIP. Still better than Captain Sim’s 767-400ER, which just has a 777 cockpit with heavy use of default 747 avionics and systems.

Interesting. Fully functional FMS?

Far from it sadly. Functionality is still a bit off. However, I think I can tell that the developer has put some hard effort into it and perhaps someday it can be complete. But it’s still highly WIP.