Bogota

Well there I was at Bogota in the 747 facing the mountains (memories of Kai Tak here :roll_eyes:) expecting a relaxing afternoon takeoff. The bird was almost empty so I tried the usual derated take off, something I have done on many occassions on many sims. Didn’t do any calculations, pretty familiar with it. Well half way down the runway I realise something is wrong. A smart person would abort.

Any way I full throttle it (manual takeoff) and barely clear the trees at the end of the runway. She is climbing so I figure I will get to cruise and try to work out what is wrong? My intial thought was I pressed the wrong button on the xbox (xbox cloud) like the speed brake. Happened to me before. Mountains everywhere, KAI TAK ooooh noooo :cold_face:. Made it out and suddenly remembered that Bogota is one of the highest airports in the world. Seriously impressed with this sim…

I can only agree, I still every now and then find something that amazes/impresses me. People moan about MSFS’ physics, and though they may be slightly behind those of XP and P3D, I think they’re pretty realistic most of the time.

Moved to World Discovery