Bonanza g36 Turbo - Do I have standard G1000 or G1000 NXi?

My understanding is that all default aircraft that had the Garmin G1000 include the Working Title NXi upgrade now. And I see that in my content manager. I downloaded the G36 Turbo mod, and I can select the plane and fly it. Robert Young, who designed the mod, said it “works well with the Working Title NXi mod.” But does it load it?

The problem is that when I start the MFD in the G36 Turbo, all I see is a ‘G1000’ splash screen. I watched a tutorial video, which said I should be seeing 'Working Title version 1.0.0" (or something similar, which is how I’d know I was running the NXi and not the standard G1000.

Was the tutorial wrong? Is there another way to verify that I have the NXi in my cockpit?

I (like most everyone) mostly want to see trim indicators, which I understand is part of the real world NXi MFD display. I don’t see those. Is MSFS just missing them? Here’s a screenshot of the G1000 in X-plane. IT kind of sucks if X-plane has those settings displayed, but MSFS doesn’t.

Personal Comments and Observations

See this post and read down.

1 Like

I edited the .cfg as instructed. (Changed AS1000 to WTG1000)
I don’t see any change in the appearance of the G1000 splash screen, and the trim indicators are not visible. (The trim indicators look like they are part of an inset. But I can’t find it. Maybe it’s another mod?)

I’m going to reread Robert Young’s installation insructions. Maybe I missed something.
I’m hoping I can find a way to definitively know whether I’m seeing NXi PFD/MFD screens.

Also, when you say “still using this mod” it makes me think it’s obsolete? The G36 Turbo was released late 2021, so I’m a bit confused by your statement.

Thanks for the help.

It’s a simple mod to the powerplant only, which makes it preferable for some vs. Capt. Matto’s which includes the change but also is more comprehensive to make the Bonanza more study like (i.e., failures etc).

Anything beyond basic EIS is up to the modder, not Working Title. Capt. Matto’s may have the trim control, you may want to inquire on his Discord.

Thanks. I ended up switching to the G36 Improvement mod. I’d been having a problem installing it, and got help - found I was dropping the wrong folder into Community.

I see the NXi now. The Improvement mod seems to have a lot of positive reviews, and most people seem to like it over the Turbo mod. I’ll fly it now.

Thanks again for the help.

1 Like