Bonanza G36 Turbo Mod Available

If each mod replaces the default aircraft, it’s clear they can’t be compatible.

2 Likes

Great news seeing Rob Young working on MSFS aircraft again.
Thanks for the heads up :+1:t2:

2 Likes

No they’re not compatible as they use the same base model.
However Kaosfere posted a way on Avsim’s forums to have them both coexist: link here.
Be advised the procedure is a bit intricate, but it seems to be working.

1 Like

The mod is a must

however i cant hear the turbo sound in this plane. Its modelled? The real one makes the turbo “blow” sound?

2 Likes

I agree this mod is awesome, I flew with it to KTEX from my home base KWJF. Worked with no problems. Did a video on it, if you care to see. Link: https://youtu.be/UUDse9vTLnI Enjoy Cheers Dion. YT: #dionm01

1 Like

At the moment I’m discussing with Robert how we can combine the best of both mods such that the non turbo bonanza gets some of his improvements to the flight model, while his turbo-normalized mod gets our electrical system, custom systems/logic, checklists etc. This is one of the ways we can go about this. It will take some time but the goal is to combine our work some way or the other…

12 Likes

Yes I am. Any patch coming for G1000 mod to fix this?

They seem to update the mod on a regular basis. They are aware of the problem, so hopefully the next update will have a fix.

Holding the incorrect altitude at non standard pressures was a G36 specific problem that we solved by removing the line altimeter_indicator = 2 in systems.cfg under autopilot.

Already suggested this to Robert for his version 2.

1 Like

Seems like all the default planes have this issue. I had written about the same problem with default Longitude almost a month ago…with no replies.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/m20r-altimeter-baro-question-kfc-150-ap-related/287085/2

If you are using the Fly by Wire G-1000 mod, that is the cause of this problem. The default aircraft do not do this. They will all capture when the indicated altitude on altimeter equals the altitude set on the preselect regardless of barometric setting.

I am using Working-Title G1000 and this problem is happening with Turbo mod only, not with the Improvement mod. Tested it just yesterday.

tmpnmk : check FrettFS’s last answer, it takes a minute to fix for the Turbo mod (until we have a Turbo v2).

3 Likes

I did, thanks! Hopefully tonights Patch 4 doesn’t break things. :smiley:

This is a beautifully handling MOD. Very impressed with the quality and hand flew the aircraft all the way into the flight levels as its a dream to fly. You never feel the need to quickly stab the auto pilot in just so you can get other departure procedures complete. A+. If there is a way to combine this with the excellent work done on the avionics by the improvement project guys, this will be the best aircraft in the sim.

3 Likes

I am quite happy to report that nothing seems broken with the Turbo mod on patch 1.9.5 so far. I’m also using the G1000 mod as well, and flew an ILS approach into KSTS this evening. Everything seems status quo.

Did the exact same flight (same plan in Little Navmap) two days ago, so it seems like a pretty good test to me; even similar time of day.

I’m pretty glad too. The G36 Turbo is rapidly becoming my “go to” single for short to medium distance X-Country flights.

Thanks so much for developing such a great mod for this aircraft! :smile:

4 Likes

V2 is now available:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s become a favorite to fly. :v:t2:

1 Like

This looks very promising. Thank you for sharing!

One question, with the Bonanza not having a pressurization system, how do turbo-aspirated bonanza owners climb to such high altitudes? Do they basically need to wear oxygen masks when they climb beyond 11,000ft?

Awesome! Thank you Robert and co! Weekend is saved now.

1 Like