Bookmark magic

The other day I was fiddling with the bookmarks of the drone camera. It seems to be meant for a dolly kind of effect where the camera moves from the IN point to the OUT point. But it goes way to fast and the speed is not adjustable at this moment. But I found another use, at least as interesting. For this you have to set the Drone Follow Mode on OFF and the Lock Mode on ON. Move the drone camera to an interesting angle to the aircraft and set bookmark IN (default with shift+ i buttons), then move the drone camera to another position, for example at the opposite end of the aircraft and set the OUT bookmark (default with shift + o). Now when you use the drone camera (preferably with a recorded flight or with autopilot on) pressing the I button (by default) the drone camera moves to the IN point, and with the o button it goes to the o point. But the real magic starts when you keep pressing these buttons. The drone will then keep following the aircraft, until you stop pressing the button. With another press, it follows the aircraft again from the original position. Apart from the magic, it is also useful to have 2 positions of the drone camera memorized, but remember that when you change the setting of the Drone Follow Mode or Drone Lock Mode, you lose the bookmarks.

1 Like

You are reporting this as a bug?

1 Like

Moved to #community:general-discussion-feedback

1 Like

Sorry, not really. Wrong category.

Agree bookmark positions are great… the drone camera is a very nice feature anyway !

I use a memorized (bookmarked) camera position, because I don’t want to go to a menu and reset all other properties to get back… I don’t switch follow and locked too much… generally I pause flight, then go out with the drone for screenshots. To get back, shift i… I use the drone cam bookmark position, to set the drone back near and behind the aircraft… Then, press C key and end pause… or go cockpit and end pause.

Thank you for the info on using bookmarks. I tried using these keybindings not really sure what the were for and eventually gave up. I’ll have to try it again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.