Bravo Throttle Config/Profiles

Is there a way to share config file or bravo throttle profiles in MSFS 2020? It seems to me we used to be able to import/export profiles in previous version FSX

No, unfortunately this is not possible.

The only way I can think of that would work is to take the guts of a profile, which is essentially just XML, and paste in the contents of someone elses to yours without the sim running, then fire it up.

There are parts of it that will be unique to your device that would need to be excluded from the paste. You would effectively be removing the envelope, and just posting the contents.

I don’t have any to hand, sadly, so I can’t show a proper example, but since its XML I can show you a SPAD profile. Completely unrelated but the concept would be the same.

You can see in the image above I have collapsed some of the sections. The collapsed bits here are the events within the profile. The bits external to that, the lines for “Device”, and “DevicePage”, and some other data that would be particular to your setup, you wouldn’t touch. We might both have the same yoke but I would be very surprised if those UUID’s are the same on our two systems. You would only paste in the events that are inside these, the collapsed bits.

So here is the first profile I found, for my Yoke.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\00090000025CC6EC_00000000000000000000000069F80140\78F01567BD9F4EEB936604788D824EE1\F0C4150C43B64FBDBE87CCC3AAECC4DA

That’s the full path, and the file.

The config is wrapped in <Device> </Device> tags.

So you would copy/paste everything between those two tags into your yokes profile, assuming you had the same one, though to be fair I suspect it would work for any yoke, but you could get in to trouble if the number of axes are different, button numbers are different, and so on. But assuming for a moment you just wanted to have the profile someone else had for the same device, a copy/paste would be fine.

Inside are an “Axes” section, then a number of “Context” sections. Below you will see I have expanded one of those.

Here is the keyboard profile. Many more sections, based on the grouping of many more varied bindings it has, but essentially the same layout as above.

Whoa! Thats super cool, thanks! Is using spad.next better/easier for doing this sort of thing?

No right answer to that one.

It would be easier/simpler to configure your yoke/throttle/rudder pedals within the sim as there is no additional cost, and everything is there in an easy to understand interface.

Using external tools is better as you have way more control over what you can change, and how, and you can have per plane configurations, which the sim cannot currently do, but 2024 may? I don’t remember on that front.

I use a mixture of the two, with sim bindings for most primary flight control functions, and then SPAD for when I want to do more clever things, like getting prop feathering working, or having functions that can be automated, like yaw dampers disabling once the gear touch down, that kind of stuff.

The bigs benefits of configuring with external software would be no controller profiles to get messed up by a wiped profile, per plane configurations that automatically switch, and in the case of the Dune addon, additional, new mandatory profiles breaking things.

Air Manager is another way to have custom controller setups. But it’s more involved in that you have to program things in LUA but you can do basically anything you want. I made a custom Bravo TQ set of assignments for the Black Square TBM 850 that solves some issues that I couldn’t get working with the in-sim controller assignments. Feather, cutoff, reverse thrust…

There’s also a payware program that allows a per aircraft assignment as well. I have it, I just can’t remember what it’s called at the moment.

1 Like