Bravo Throttle Quadrant LED lights not working

Ever since Sim update 5, I have not been able to get the Bravo throttle LED lights to work. I am aware of the workaround using the program AFC bridge. But I have to do this everytime I run MSFS. This used to work before. Why can’t this be fixed?

Sounds like it’s not autoloading at startup. Mine works fine and it does auto start. I don’t know any other way than this below to have it work automajically, but mine has and still does work fine. I did have to add it back in at some point, don’t remember which update it was.

Default path for the exe.xml is here:

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\exe.xml

Below is what you need to have in the exe.xml and you need to edit the path of where your afc bridge is installed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
 <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
 <Descr>Auto launch external applications on MSFS start</Descr>
 <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
 <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <Path>G:\msfs2020\Community\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>  <!--------------LOOK HERE----------------------->
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The AFC_BRIDGE should be installed but it will auto start, I have had to uninstall it (through control panel, add/remove programs). Then also make sure it’s removed from the community folder.

Do a re-install, and then verify within your EXE.xml file that the correct path was written.

The one or two times I saw the issue, something happened with the EXE.xml but re-installing the AFC_BRIDGE corrected.

Thanks azpilot61 and skypilotYTS, It took me a while to find the file exe.xml as MSFS was a steam installataion. But removing the program completely and reinstalling proved the fix. Checking the exe.xml file afterward for the right path was the fix.

1 Like

Having the same problem unfortunately it did not work reinstalling and the exe matches above. Does anyone know if it’s aircraft specific as well? Fly the PMDG 738 mostly

2/22/24. I downloaded msfs 2020 a couple weeks ago and have been using it since. Just noticed yesterday possibly after the latest mandatory 2020 update that the Honeycomb landing gear lights have stopped working. Work fine in X-plane.

I’ve been using Better Bravo Lights since I got my Bravo and it’s worked fine for me (it loads in the Community folder). I made some tweaks to the config file to make certain lights show, but it should work fine for most planes out of the box.