Bravo Throttle Quadrant LED lights not working

Ever since Sim update 5, I have not been able to get the Bravo throttle LED lights to work. I am aware of the workaround using the program AFC bridge. But I have to do this everytime I run MSFS. This used to work before. Why can’t this be fixed?

Sounds like it’s not autoloading at startup. Mine works fine and it does auto start. I don’t know any other way than this below to have it work automajically, but mine has and still does work fine. I did have to add it back in at some point, don’t remember which update it was.

Default path for the exe.xml is here:

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\exe.xml

Below is what you need to have in the exe.xml and you need to edit the path of where your afc bridge is installed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
 <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
 <Descr>Auto launch external applications on MSFS start</Descr>
 <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
 <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <Path>G:\msfs2020\Community\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>  <!--------------LOOK HERE----------------------->
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The AFC_BRIDGE should be installed but it will auto start, I have had to uninstall it (through control panel, add/remove programs). Then also make sure it’s removed from the community folder.

Do a re-install, and then verify within your EXE.xml file that the correct path was written.

The one or two times I saw the issue, something happened with the EXE.xml but re-installing the AFC_BRIDGE corrected.

Thanks azpilot61 and skypilotYTS, It took me a while to find the file exe.xml as MSFS was a steam installataion. But removing the program completely and reinstalling proved the fix. Checking the exe.xml file afterward for the right path was the fix.

1 Like