Bredok3D Airbus A380 released

In the description, they claim it has ‘realistic cockpit and cabin modeling’ and despite not being study level, most of the systems work like the real thing.

Looking at the screenshots on the marketplace, looks like they at least did a reasonable job on the 3D modeling, especially on the cockpit instead of just copying and pasting Asobo A320 cockpit. Can’t say the same about the textures.

Regarding systems, I highly doubt that they have made any significant changes to Asobo A320 base systems or at most, they are using those from FBW.

So, does anyone want to try it and see what it’s like?

2 Likes

Oh please no

14 Likes

Someone can correct me, but I don’t think that’s possible. If they use open source FBW code, then they would need to release their product as open source as well. See drama regarding - A320, iniBuilds.

6 Likes

Yes, you’re right. I forgot about that.

1 Like

lol no thanks

4 Likes

Well I purchased it (XBOX SERIES X)

Well, the cold and dark needs work (I just short cut jump start).

However the physics does feel good - not study level - but it is not bad - now I am sure FBW version would be better but for me as an XBOX guy this works for me!

The MCDU is decent.

4 Likes

Bredok3d is still around? Thought he sucked out right after the max release

3 Likes

HI , I also just got it , how do you enter the flight plan , their is no simbrief , secondly how do you enter the from / to , coz i cant seem to find / key on the keyboard some help would be appreciated if you got the flight plan loaded .

1 Like

Disregard.

ok my thoughts , its ok at best - might be sub par the flight dynamics are decent , sound is also okish . could have charged less for it but tis okay i guess untill a proper study level aircraft comes out .

flying from omdb to egll - so far so good i guess

1 Like

How many buttons/switches are active in the cockpit? Less/same/more than default asobo A320neo?

Does the autopilot work enough to get u from A to B?

Anything that seems obviously broken?

Do the thrust reversers work on all 4 engines?
(One of the first youtube videos showed the reversers visually working, but only on the inner engines. Dunno if thats a binding problem or an aircraft flaw)

1 Like

The A380 in real life only has reversers on the inner engines

5 Likes

On the real A380, only inner engines have reversers.

https://simpleflying.com/airbus-a380-reverse-thrust/#:~:text=The%20A380%20doesn't%20need%20reverse%20thrust%20on%20all,and%20puts%20more%20stress%20on%20the%20wing%20structures.

I haven’t got the Bredok3D so I don’t know for your others questions.

4 Likes

the slash is at the very left side besides the letters

Flightplan from Worldmap will be imported. Otherwise you have to enter manually.

2 Likes

Here are some facts - full video (german) is uploading already, but I gotta get some sleep first. Aircraft is not good enough for my standards, so I wont use it again. But that is subjectiv. That is why I will not say, the Addon is bad.

Bredok3d A380 facts (tested in SU15 Beta!!):

• default Asobo A320 soundpack
  • default Asobo A320 PFD & ND
  • default Asobo A3X Map on the Sidescreens
  • a lot of Asobo A320 FMS stuff
  • no correct Takeoff & Landing Speeds (i.e. over 400 KIAS Vapp), most likely because the speeds calculation are still based on a320 dynamics and are therefore not suitedt for 1 million lbs gross weight^^
  • FMS approach mode - not usable (see above), for landing you therefore have to use manual speed selection
  • VNAV is questionable - TOD way to early in my test
  • no airbus FlyByWire with autotrim, therefore you have to fly it like a “boeing”
  • only 3-4 ecam pages
  • a lot of buttons not working (appr. 30-40%), i.e. no fire test, no emergency lights arm, no door lock
  • wipers do work (animation)
  • both sides of pfd/nd/fms are synced
  • no cabin
  • no throttle lever notches
  • no ToGa Mode
  • no Retard in Authothrottle Mode
  • flightplan from world map works
  • did captured ils loc and gs (2 times tested)
  • did automatically enter the correct ILS frequency in RAD/NAV Page
  • FD leaves APR Mode when AP gets disconnected
  • no EFB, no SimBrief
  • no working wx radar
  • nosewheel steering with tiller did work

Cheers
JayDee

14 Likes

Unless i’m mistaken, there is a big texture bug in that if you try to move out the cockpit camera while inside the aircraft - nothing is modelled properly (Cabin, Wings etc)

1 Like

Oh. Wow. Didnt know that… despite having flown it some 20 times irl. :joy:

That is more attention to detail than I had expected from Bredok3D. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Thanks alot @JayDee6281 !

This is excellent information and gives a very detailed impression on what this plane has to offer the xbox community during the (still quite substantial) wait for the Inibuild A380.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quick review. I was tempted to get it, but thought I wait for your verdict. Thank you very much. Saved me some money :wink:

1 Like

From the screenshot above, the nose looks very wrong. Looks like a Boeing or a beluga whale haha. Price is too high for a poor quality developer

Edit: the video of the plane, the model appears to be look better than the screenshot above in the thread but hard to judge. Debating about biting bullet because no timeline on FBW A380 nor confirmation it’s for Xbox. I bet not since it’s free?

So if you’re a casual simmer who just wants go have an a380 at all, only cares about external model/ external flying and not system start ups, then get it.

1 Like