Brightness of stars should be related to ambient light & light pollution

The Stars in the Sim are beautiful, however, they’re fully visible under any lighting conditions, even in a brightly lit area.
In real life, the darker the area you are in, & the more distant you are to light sources, the brighter the stars are.

If you’re in a brightly lit cockpit at the gates, you would’nt be able to see many stars, but at cruise level with all the lights dimmed you would be able to see better starlight than most places on the ground.

Yes, I know it’s a very small factor, & not a big issue at all, but it would add it’s small little bit to the immersion of the Sim.

I get the best results from an aircraft with a bubble canopy because they usually can climb above 34000, and they have autopilot for hands free viewing. Also, play with your monitor presets to get the best results in low light conditions. My monitor has a Theater mode that gives the least amount of color banding in the sky at night. You may also want to research 8-bit vs 10-bit vs 14-bit color support if you are shopping for a new monitor. The higher the color saturation, the lower the color banding in low light conditions. I hope this helps.

I know it’s not correct, but I like to see the stars at night over cities. Hopefully, the world will eventually reduce air pollution and clean up it air, together with reducing light pollution, so we can again see stars over cities.

ok, I’m probably dreaming, but in the mean time, lets keep the stars to see the world how it should be.

1 Like

It would indeed be nice to have those tiny little things done correctly. But I’d also be glad to have those on the back burner for a while until the bigger issues are fixed. :slight_smile:
I’m glad many things have been coming along nicely the last few months, although there’s still a lot to be done. Looking forward to next week.

1 Like

This is something that really stands out to me. Not only do you see many, many more stars than you do in real life, the sky itself is more or less blue rather than black. Forget about light pollution (even though I really would like adjustments for that), the brightness of the nightsky needs to be adjusted just with regard to where the sun is.

This is a „feature“ from the beginning, not only xbox.

Often mentioned but never heard.

And msfs is the godfather of lightpolution, even the lonesomest rural roads in the nubian desert shine bright like the broadway on christmas.

1 Like

very starry skies and no-light airports at night I would like asobo/microsoft to sort out the issue of the sky at night and default airports without lighting. flying at night is very strange and surreal with the absurd amount of stars in the sky, looking more like the milky way and getting confused with traffic. to the horizon which should be slightly bluish and completely dark and with unreal stars very visible. my suggestion is to reduce this absurd amount of stars at night. and the issue of airports… we know that we have few detailed airports in the sim, and it would be very interesting to have lights illuminating the default airports, especially in Brazil where I fly a lot since we don’t have detailed updates for south americavery starry skies and no-light airports at night I would like asobo/microsoft to sort out the issue of the sky at night and default airports without lighting. flying at night is very strange and surreal with the absurd amount of stars in the sky, looking more like the milky way and getting confused with traffic. to the horizon which should be slightly bluish and completely dark and with unreal stars very visible. my suggestion is to reduce this absurd amount of stars at night. and the issue of airports… we know that we have few detailed airports in the sim, and it would be very interesting to have lights illuminating the default airports, especially in Brazil where I fly a lot since we don’t have detailed updates for south america.