Bring Navigraph chart support to the Working Title avionics

Currently Navigraph charts can be displayed in the CJ4 and G3000 mods from Working Title that were created before WT became part of Microsoft. With the upcoming CJ4 and G3000 rework by WT this functionality will be lost due to a lack of licensing agreement between Navigraph and Microsoft. For the same reason we do not have Navigraph charts in the prerelease G1000 Nxi from WT.
It would be great if MS and Navigraph could find a way to bring (back) Navigraph charts to the CJ4, G3000 and G1000 Nxi created by Working Title.

Just wait for some mod to pop up that will do this without any licensing issues :grinning:

1 Like

I hate to be pessimistic but pretty sure that would only happen if the contract between NAVBLUE and Asobo / MS was dissolved.

Same way we’d only get a weather SDK for other developers to use, if the contract between MeteoBlue and Asobo / MS dissolved.

Guessing it be big $ to break those contracts.

I strongly suspect that it would require a contract between MS and Jeppesen.

I wonder what happened to the charts that were, IIRC, promised for inclusion in MSFS?

I agree that Navigraph charts would probably be the best option, but in the absence of that, it wouldn’t be so bad if any charts were to be made accessible for the built-in aircraft.

But for the TBM930 G3000 + WT… :grinning:

You do realize, don’t you, that this is the exact thing that’s going to disappear once the WT G3000 becomes part of the base game, just like the G1000 NXi?

That would certainly not constitute something that might be categorised under the words “progress” or “improvement”. :frowning:

With delivery of the G3000/G5000 code to the sim core, Navigraph support was officially ended due to licensing and other commercial terms and conditions. Navigraph stated in late 2022 they would attempt to bring back Charts into the Garmins through some add-on, but this is outside the scope of MS Asobo efforts.

Closing this Wishlist item. Status: Not Planned.