Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander elevator error

Hi !
I downloaded BN-2 yesterday and when i started at the runway the elevator didnt repsond. When i look outside the elevator moves fully but nothing happends. Do i do something wrong?

BG
John

Hello John

Did you download it from the marketplace, or direct from Blackbox (the developer)?

You say nothing happens, but then say you see it move. If you see it move then what do you actually mean by saying nothing happens?

A bit more detail will help us to help you

2 Likes

Have you by any chance set your flight model to Legacy? If so, change it back to Modern. Legacy is for imported FSX planes only.

I downloaded it from marketplace.
What i mean is that the elevator moves when you look at the airplane outside but the airplane dosent move vertical.

I think i have change it to Legacy, im gona check it once more.

1 Like

Another thing to check, see if the autopilot has accidentally been set to maintain altitude at the airport elevation. Make sure it is off if you are not rotating when you reach sufficient speed.

it worked after i changed to Modern.
Thanx @KJKerr @hobanagerik for quick respons!

JT

1 Like

Great. Enjoy your flying.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem, with the addition of ‘extreme shaking’ where the main screen is ‘all over the place’ once I his 55-60mph down the runway.

Should I manage to take off, flying is impossible with the screen (main view) shaking. After a while the plane is under it’s own command, regardless of what movements I make, with the speedometer whizzing round and round.

1 Like

Here is a link to their support.
Try contacting them directly.
support@blackboxsimulation.com

By shaking, do you mean the nose seems to swing from side to side? If so I have noticed that at slows speeds, and in turns. It seems to oscillate like this when going in to turns, and at slow speeds on final.

did you ever fix the problem, mine is doing the same

Dont use Legacy Flight Model Guysthat is the cause 100%

sorry, can you tell me how to do it? and I have two versions of this aircraft, one purchased directly from the msfs store, the second from the developer’s website. earlier (at 21) when I just started, it worked perfectly, but one day (after the next update of msfs) I noticed that it does not fly at all, while when I pull and move the steering wheel, the moving elements of the aircraft work, but it does not fly , rides, yes, but does not fly. since I rarely fly on it, I thought that it would take time to fix it and did not worry, but yesterday I checked again, I installed both versions one by one, but neither works as before. it is sad to realize this, while I bought this airplane twice …

Hi,

I’m not at home so I can only go via Bing image search to find the page, so the layout may be different now. It should be under General/Flight Model, and this should be set to Modern, and really there should be no need to change this unless you are converting old FSX planes.

Some vendors use a setting within the planes flight model configuration file that should override this though, so for those it would make no difference what that setting is set to, though I have never tested this myself. I don’t think I’ve ever used anything other than Modern now that I think of it.

The thing that I suspect tricks people are the ghosted realism slider below the main setting. I think they look at that, then believe that Legacy is the better option.

But to my mind, and going by their dictionary descriptions, Modern trumps Legacy. :slight_smile:

adjective: modern

1. characterized by or using the most up-to-date techniques, ideas, or equipment.

adjective: legacy

1. denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.
1 Like

Setting that option should require going into dev mode, IMO…

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the clear comment. I begin to understand what it is the case. And I will definitely try this method. I do not understand only why the developers did not warn about it or the simulator himself. Although it could be, maybe I ignored this moment, and then just forgot. Thank you again.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I use this.

1 Like

The BN2 Islander will ONLY WORK IN MODERN FLIGHT MODE
Legacy will work as it intended for earlier simple flight models