Broken Flight Planning

When planning a flight regardless of length/distance, the plans are always direct. If I choose IFR High or Low…it’s the same. If I create a plan across the US: a straight line.

If I import via LittleNavMap MSFS, it will load the flight plan BUT there are no waypoints listed in the planning…the waypoints on the map have no label/icons.

I hope this is a small issue. :slight_smile:

Any ideas? Was not an issue before SU6
Thx!

I have the same issue. Just one more for the list…

Yep, and a long list it is :slight_smile:

FWiW, and it may only work for me, but sometimes I have to load my plans from LittleNavMap twice to get them working properly. Pretty frequently actually, and I don’t know why. Because MSFS is the way it is right now, I guess. For whatever reason, re-loading it works for me. :man_shrugging:

Yep flight plan is obviously broken and in more ways than one.

When I try to make a plan the length and time label is missing and if I want to make changes clicking the Delete label isnt working.

But it seems that if one goes back to main page and then back to world map it often comes good.

That the flight plan you made then got nothing to do with the plan you see on the VFR Map and the Garmin display is another matter. Straight line versus zig zag kinda thing :wink:

And using Auto Pilot with the plan is one big mess too.

So yes two more for the list.

Blue skies!

This was broken in SU5 and not fixed in the latest, recent update - I’m pretty sure this is an acknowledged bug.

And I thought I was the only one…

Whenever I try to make a GPS Direct filght plan and add a waypoint, it goes all zig zag.

I came across a similar issue. Re-downloading the sim worked for me.

Do you have Navigraph installed? Others reported a similar issue with Navigraph installed when performing an update. None of the Nav data remained, causing only direct routing.

If I remember right, they needed to remove Navigraph data and reinstall it using their data management tool.

I would delete your Content.xml and reload the sim. There is something in your NavData that is causing no waypoints to be selected. Despite the shortcomings of the stock sim planner, it will generate a correct low or high IFR route without external plan input.

As I read through the posts in this thread I cannot help but think we a looking at a case of corrupt navdata.

If using Navigraph, it is absolutely required to use the install/update tool they provide or you will most definitely end up with unusable data.

2 Likes

You guys are awesome! I reinstalled Navdata Center…updated and plans are normal again!

Thank you agin

To accurately reflect the solution to your question, please select the post that led you solve your problem, rather than your own post. (Unless of course, you came up with the idea on your own, then be sure to describe the fix in greater detail.) :wink:

PC or X-Box ?

1. Are you using Navigraph ?
  2. Have you told LNM to update its Nav database ?
  3. If using Navigraph, do you have the Navigraph file in Community ?
  4. Have you set LNM to use FS Nav data, or Navigraph Nav Data ?

OK, missed the Post where the above was the solution … :+1:

Sorry…I’ll mark another the solution. Didn’t know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help… Now you learned TWO new things today!
That is, truly, a good day. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.