Broken Runnway ESSA (26)

I have the same issue, however not only at airports. Please see attached screen shots.

It seems that the different tiles which make the scenery have different elevation data at their edges, and this poses a real, “physical” edge. Obviously, that’s most annoying when you run into one with 75 knots while trying to land … :wink: I have this problem on multiple airports and in multiple regions since about 3 months now.

I am using the “optimal” parameters NVIDIA GeForce Experience sets on my PC (Win 10 Pro, i7-3770 CPU on ASUS Mainboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (ASUS) with Driver 527.56). I have multiple times cleared both chache, only to find that the problem reappears on another airport and/or scenery.

I can only add one picture, so here is a scenery example.

1 Like

That is a known problem in many areas.

Are there any other that working on a scenery for ESSA. My gpu load is really high on this scenery. Even if the runway is fixed i can’t use it because of some bug/issue that causes my gpu to be 100% load specifically on this airport.

I have noticed the tag “bug logged” in green color attached to various topics, such as this one. Does anyone know whatbthat means? Is it a confirmation that Asobo has acknowledged this as a bug and is working on it?

I really hope that’s the case because I want to be able to finally use my home airport Arlanda :slightly_smiling_face:

Look to my post above from Nov 14. And you get the answer.

1 Like

Thanx, looking forward to that. ESSA is the airport i mostly want use because i live in Sweden :slight_smile: Long time since i used that airport because all of the issues with that airport.

Totally agree. Although I live not in Sweden, some Swedish airports (like Gothenburg, Malmö and Stockholm) are a must for me. But I am angry that Microsoft/Asobo offered us a “luxury version” of the Sim for more money with additional handcrafted airports, which are not usable. Similar to the ESSA-problem, there is a big mistake at HECA (Cairo).

1 Like

There is hope for us. Read this message (last sentence) from “PersonalEdition”
Hi everyone!

In an attempt to fix the bug, we mistakenly delivered the wrong version of the airport in the next update of the game. The impact : there are some terraforming issues. We are working on a fix but it will not come early.

Our apologies for that.

About ESSA, the team is totally aware of the issue and is working on a fix

1 Like

And mentioned again here (February 2023 Developer Stream) : February 2023 Developer Stream - YouTube , “…think that will be fixed for Sim Update 12…”

1 Like

It’s strange that it should take time to fix something a private person has already done when all they have to do is copy his files.

1 Like

Sure, it is not easy to understand.

Me too!

1 Like

Any info about FIX that bug? Asobo?

They are working on the bug. Could be, the problem is solved with the next Update.

Yes. It is scheduled to be fixed in Sim Update 12:

(This was also mentioned four posts above your post.)

ESSA was not among those airports listed in the first SU12 Beta release notes as being fixed. Has anyone checked it out anyway?

KRVL After the sim update 12 beta wed feb 22

Yeah, we really need a check on this from any Beta users. If it’s not fixed we will have to escalate this quickly to Asobo, or I will personally fly over to start a protest outside their offices :placard: :grin:

I’m quite confident it is fixed though, because they stated that not all airport fixes are mentioned yet in the release notes.

It is fixed.

4 Likes

If one day you fly to Bordeaux, let us know and we’ll have a drink :beer:

We triple checked on our side and as BanKhokklan said, it’s fixed :partying_face: We have a big release note for the World in preparation ^^

Have a good day

1 Like