Broken Runnway ESSA (26)

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Runnway 26 is broken at ESSA
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

What do you mean by broken???

1 Like

Unable to replicate:

Clear cache likely the culprit always should be done after any update Including beta

1 Like

Something seems broken.

12 Likes

I have not and have never had any cache

Maybe you should try a take off, you will not succeed that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Bingo, also have the issue, it was towards the end of RW26, which is why I didn’t discover it originally.
I will make sure to upvote this vote.

Will try with ORBX ESSA, the issue will probably still exist

7 Likes

Orbx Arlanda (ESSA) is to be released later this year, maybe you were thinking of their Bromma Stockholm Airport (ESSB)?

Ah yeah my mistake

Perhaps an earthquake has caused this fault line to crack.

Big confirmed from my side as well:

Freddy

2 Likes

I flew to Arlanda ESSA today and landed runway 26. At the end of the runway there was a rift in the terrain, which caused the “you crashed into an object”. A bit annoying when flying on VATSIM to say that you crashed.

I’m not sure, but I think I’ve took off from 08 before without issue, so this is probably after SU8. Steam version, not on Developer mode.

2 Likes

I flew to Arlanda ESSA today and landed runway 26. At the end of the runway there was a rift in the terrain, which caused the “you crashed into an object”. A bit annoying when flying on VATSIM to say that you crashed.

I’m not sure, but I think I’ve took off from 08 before without issue, so this is probably after SU8. Steam version, not on Developer mode.

1 Like

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Stem
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
I reported during Beta that runway 26 at Arlanda (ESSA) was broken and unusable, but apparently this problem was not fixed with the update.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Yes
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Same problem for me on #xbox :-/
Finally we get a SAS livery and then the Airport breaks. The irony!:joy:

1 Like

Quick fix please, the airport is not usable.

Steam version #pc ver 1.23.12.0

Did you try to delete the default airport folder in the game?
I had a simillar issue at the airport of Nice (LFMN), and a Pilot of this community told me to delete the default folder of the airport, it gets generated automatically again on the next System loading.

For me it was a link like “microsoft-airport-lfmn-nice”, adapt this link (to any airport you got issues with) and search it on your Drive. Delete the folder and start the sim again. Let me know if this works for you.

At EDDS I had also problems like you guys with the runway and the taxiways. Everything is nice and easy again.

Ok interesting.
Where do I find the default airport folder? I only know of the addon folder.

Go for your Windowy explorer, select the drive you installed the FS to and type in “microsoft-airport-essa” into the search field at right upper corner. Then one or two folders should show up. Delete both, ignore the warning pop up message like “…cant be deleted, not exisiting anymore”, click ok. Then boot the Sim again.