BSOD when flying MSFS (fixed)

I have a problem that I can’t get fixed for weeks.

My PC freezes and generates bluescreens when using MSFS (2-3 hours). This happens very rarely with other games and software. The bluescreens have the following codes:
“Kernl Data Inpage Error”, “Unexpected Store Exeption”, “System Service Exception”.

The most common error is "Unexpected Store Exeption.

Among other things, I have done the following:

• Norton uninstalled, same error remains
  • Craqsh dump is unfortunately not created either
  • SDD one already changed, second not yet present
  • HDD disk nicjht geweschselt because not addressed by the MSFS
  • RAM was changed and exchanged also in the slots → error remains
  • Driver and Bios updated
  • Windows and MSFS completely rebuilt → error remains
  • SFC scan performed

My PC consists of:
Specification AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
Southbridge AMD B550 rev. 51 TUF GAMING PLUS WIFI
Memory Type DDR4
Memory Size 32 GBytes
Graphics ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Does anyone have any other ideas or tips on how I can fix this?

Is it possible that the SSD that was not replaced is causing the problem?

Thanks for supporting me.

Best,
Olaf

System specs. Possibly PSU related.

I had a similar issue back in March, in my case it turned out to be my RAM overclocked to run at full speed 3600mhz in the Bios via XMP.

I’ve then set the RAM to run at Factory speeds and no more BSOD.

But I never changed something. It`s still the same since buying.

Where I can find information to my PSU?

That mean your system was never long-time stable. It happens not only in MSFS.

BSODs are in 99.9% hardware related, sometime driver and very rare anti-virus tools ( but you uninstalled norton already, which is one of the favorites which cause that ).

We have some topics about in general where you can find lots of hints.

Some pre tips:

• as users mentioned disabled in BIOS xmp mode
  • check your system temps in general … beside of GPU also the CPU and the RAM can run into heat issues
  • try so set a MAX fps Limit in nvidia control center
  • in rare case also faulty ssd can cause that ( I remember a case ) . I assume not fauly, more like overheat. Try in each case a “chkdsk” ( also if that is not 100% relevant. In case of a samsung ssd you can install samsung magican tool and for easy see the SMART values )
  • PSU informations are printed on the PSU

Chkd already performant as well ram tool.

Will try bios stuff. Temp of cpu, graphic are fine nothing special. Frames are alreafy limited with 30fps. It happen also tp p3d.

And it’s not compöetly true. After msfs it ctash sometimes after restart. Otherwise not really.

Samsungs ssd is already replaced. For my second disk there is no money for replacement, for this month.

I attach screen of relevant parts. It’s in german but the biggest parts exlaining by them self

hmmm… PSU 600W should be sufficent

I still tend to try disable XMP mode of RAM. The second disc, did you mean the HDD ? … did you have some files from MSFS on it or have you configured the virtual page file on that second drive ( hope not on the HDD :slight_smile: ) ? If not, then it should not relevant.

I put this hopefully correct xmp from auto to manual. I will take a try and report asap I got reliable informations.

I have 3 disks.

One small SSD 250GB, one big and new 2TB SSD and one 4GB HDD.

On HDD there is since a view weeks and windows new installtion nothing MSFS related on it.

manual ? … is there nothin like “none xmp” ? Manual means, you have to set RAM settings manual, but what you want is like "auto without xmp mode "

Windows 11 update is crashing PCs with Blue Screen of Death — here’s the fix | Laptop Mag maybe worth a look, if you are on Windows 11.

Was getting lots of CTD and other strange behaviors in MSFS over the past few weeks.
Ran a good Registry and PC “Cleaner” yesterday, and the MS system Files checker/repairer, (which found and fixed a few errors) and now thw PC is running so much better. Higher FPS , no stuttering, and NO more CTDs.

I am totally amazed, normally many of these “Registry cleaners” are “Snake Oil”, but it did find 3000+ things it wanted to fix … so I bit the bullet and let it !!

Nothing like living dangerously !!
(well not really, if you do a full image backup first )

i Used ggole to xmp and where I can find in Asus bios. They wrote fo be find in AI Tweak.

I am even not shure if it is the correct one. bute I work with following info
https://www.asus.com/de/support/FAQ/1042256/

Othetwise i only foubd d.o.c.p. and that is already not active

Many thanks but i am not

check that this setting is on auto :slight_smile:

You can , back in windows, download the tool CPU-Z and here you can check the memory settings ( TAB: Memory and SPD )

EDIT:
I forgot to mention: D.O.C.P. is AMDs word for XMP profiles :slight_smile:

CPU Z is already on it:

ah… so… in memory tab you see ~1200, thus 2400’er RAM and thats current setting.

Can you also share a screenshot from SPD ?

3200’er and a AMD CPU… we had here the exact the same case 2400/3200 RAM and AMD CPU: Issue with graphic card - #119 by BravoMike472413 where it was the XMP mode. It seems also the exact same kind of RAM.

What you see in your SPD tab are all “profiles” which are pre-defined. You are currently at JEDEC#8.
It seems some AMD systems runs not fine with these XMP overclocking ( in this case is also the cpu memory controller OC’d )

I would recommend:
do now at first some test flights with the default profile. If that works fine, we know that it was the xmp mode. You can optional later check whether the second xmp profile works more stable ( xmp-3002 , which is not 3200 ). This is what you see in your former bios-screenshot with Profile#2 ( recheck that in cpu-z ). ( enable DOCP and choose the profile ). But as mentioned in the other topic, the perfromance beneffit migth not really noticable :slight_smile:

Ok I put this AI Tweak to Auto and DOCP to Profil1.

But don`t see any change here

And I will read this other topic.

:relaxed: … DOCP should not be used in Auto… can you share the memory tab screenshot to be sure ?

PS: memory tab => your current setting , SPD tab => the possible settings