BT Studio J3C-65 Cub

Yeah, the real Cub does not have flaps. You just have to slip if you’re a little high…

2 Likes

This happened to me on their kitfox thread as well

Flys good. Need a repaint though. Need an alias for FSEconomy.

Can you tell me more about compatibility with FSEconomy? I assume it’s a simple fix, but I don’t know anything about that addon.

I bought the J3 last night and had a short flight in it. Overall I was pleased with the aircraft. I went into it with no bias as I hadn’t purchased the other aircraft mentioned that have had issues.

This is a bare bone aircraft with an airspeed indicator, altimeter, compass, oil pressure and temperature gauge (which I didn’t check to see if they functioned properly), and carb heat knob which appeared to be working as I did see a drop in RPM when on.

The flight model seemed about as good as the sim will allow for now. I agree with the overly glossy textures.

As far as sound, I have no idea what the real 65 hp Cub sounds like but it seemed believable.

4 Likes

Hi, the title of the aircraft must match with FSE in the config. For FSE it’s “Piper J-3 Cub”
We can change it ourselves with a repaint that goes into the community folder. Also if the fuel tank config is way different it wont work either. Check out FSE and sign up. It takes a bit to accepted but well worth it. 5000 pilots are flying at any one time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After flying the cub a little bit more, happy to report that it is quickly becoming my favorite. Only two nagging issues: 1. The color is off; doesn’t look like traditional cub yellow, could add a bit more orange hue, 2. The trim wheel graphic is backwards/opposite (Trim UP moves Wheel graphic to Trim DOWN). Aside from that, really enjoying this plane, and glad that we finally have this historic aircraft in the sim.

1 Like

I got the J3 today great a/c the only gripe I have is not been able to modify the aircraft CFG would be great to do so :+1:

Great aircraft to fly and is one of the best ground handling aircraft in the hangar. Just one thing, which I’m sure many of the aircraft have due to the lack of any kind of navigational equipment is a clock/stopwatch
Thanks. Neil

purchased it today and I had no trouble at all altering the c of g

I don’t know how you changed the aircraft CFG it is not included in the model all I want to do is remove the passenger from the cockpit

You guys are misunderstanding each other, confusing the aircraft config file with the center of gravity settings. Aircraft.cfg vs C of G.

I assume the .cfg file isn’t editable since it’s a marketplace aircraft.

That is correct the .cfg file is not included for the aircraft you can edit the center of gravity file not the aircraft.cfg file

Well the last plane I will buy from marketplace if you can’t modify the plane to your personal use bit like buying a car then the company telling you you can’t change the tires on it

3 Likes

I avoid the marketplace as much as possible. Carenado is the only marketplace exclusive dev I’ll instantly buy from.

6 Likes

Exactly the same here.

3 Likes

Me, too. I was interested in this plane, but, Marketplace only? No thank you.

Given the dev’s track record, making this available for purchase on a platform where you could get a refund would be a nice show of good faith.

2 Likes

It’s at the start screen, just click on the aircraft and remove the co-pilot’s weight then re-center the c of g.

Tried that and it just keeps reverting back to 68KG