BT Studio J3C-65 Cub

Out now on the Marketplace.

11 Likes

Nice!

Do you care to elaborate on the model features?
Is it optimized for VR as well?
Available landing gear configurations?

1 Like

After the recent improvements to the Kitfox, I’m intrigued!

It’s a J3C-65 cub, this plane is more defined by its lack of features; e.g. no GPS or even any electrical system at all.
It is optimized for VR.
Landing gear is standard “Cub Trainer” cabane-V gear.

4 Likes

Looks great. Since it’s a true stick and rudder with no pretty digital screens, I’m hopeful it’s a true flight model. Proper adverse yaw, no overdone weathervaning, and realistic ground handling. The only point to an aircraft like this in the game is a true “flying” experience.

The flight model is using the latest propeller modelling that came with SU8 which is a significant improvement.

6 Likes

That’s great Steve, looking forward to trying it.

An essential aircraft long overdue to have in the sim.

3 Likes

Happy to inform you the aircraft has been released and is now available for download.

1 Like

Hi,

The sounds are recorded from the real aircraft?

No. I would have loved to include sounds from the real aircraft, unfortunately time and budget constraints did not allow. (I should mention the price is $9.99, forgot that so far in this thread).

I hope you will find the sound design is immersive and accurate with effects such as attenuation of the wind and engine sound as you open or close the door.

Oh this is the dev behind the infamous King Air C90. That’s a bummer. One would hope this release turns out better without so much complex instrumentation, but I will wait for detailed reviews.

3 Likes

Are you using sounds from another Asobo aircraft? If so, I’m curious which one? Thanks!

1 Like

I agree. I want to buy this one, but I won’t buy anything else from BT Studio until my King Air C90 works.

1 Like

Yup. While I’d love a decent Cub, their track record with the Kit Fox and C90 certainly isn’t making me jump at this right now.

Of course, if they manage to ■■■■ up a Cub, they really should try knitting instead of aircraft development as a hobby…

3 Likes

someone test the plane? a first feedback?
I’m interested in him.

From the screenshots in the Marketplace, it looks extremely shiny which is a bit disappointing. Even the wheels are gleaming. Maybe there will be some repaints if this is good.

You can see here one of the main art references used was a museum exhibit in shiny gleaming condition; Piper J3C-65 Cub - NC9245H | EAA Aviation Museum | Oshkosh, Wisconsin The subtle dust and paint imperfections in the cockpit are replicated. But you’re right; the exterior is maybe a little on the glossy side; I will tweak it and add a little exterior weathering in a future update.

1 Like

This developer has a history of releasing broken products and leaving them a mess.

Go ahead, flag me for pointing out the truth, too.

13 Likes

I flew it for an hour in VR. No major bugs that I noticed. The yellow is brighter and not the standard Piper shade, but it is true to the picture of the plane that the author provided above. I forgot to actually try the flaps, but I did take a good look at the wing and did not notice any flaps.

3 Likes