Buckingham Palace perfected

Hey guys, great update here from Asobo. I can see that’s its much more modern now.

Original:

Before world update:

After world update:

Looks closer to an improved ibis styles.
What’s wrong here? I’m on ultra. Is everyone seeing the same palace?

1 Like

Dit you also download the packages in de content manager?
World Update content is located there, which includes custom buildings.

I got it from in-game Market Place → Full Catalogue → World Update UK & Ireland

Turn on photogrammetry.

Apparently Her Majesty is quite jealous of the Asobo version and hopes that after they’ve finished the 370m renovation, that’s what it’s going to look like.

1 Like

If you turn off Photogrammetry, you will only get generic buildings, like this one

Turn on Photogrammetry and Her Majesty will surely recognize her sweet home :wink:

Guys, photogrammetry is on. Everything is on and I have a consistent 30 MByte/s downlink.

Perhaps you ‘Objects level of detail’ need to be over 50? (or 75 whatever)

Perhaps you ‘Objects level of detail’ need to be over 50? (or 75 whatever)

Check in Content manager that it is also installed. You may just “own” it but not have it installed.

To get a World Update you need to “buy” it in the marketplace then download and install it in the Content Manager.

Hey EdamllamaB, yea, GUI said I owned it and then I proceeded to install it and now it’s installed. Thanks.

Edit: meant to say it was already installed when I was took those screenshots

Thanks for the hint. I’ll try to look at it tomorrow.

Well, you should get this instead:

Thanks for the input. I shall give it a try again tomorrow.

Why was your default stance to attack Asobo/Microsoft? Your initial phrasing was to imply they messed up. Do you think this is the best way to address these issues in light of the resolution? Do you think you could have rephrased your initial query?

3 Likes

Well given that the UK is grieving today let’s keep it friendly here when it comes to Buckingham Palace discussions :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi there, depends on how you look at it. If you’re an engineer, you’d think the consumer could do some self-checking before going to Asobo. On the other hand, if you’re a teenager who has zero clue what’s what in the computer world, then it’s either the teenagers fault for buying a non-human friendly technical product OORRR
it is Asobo’s fault for not making a idiot-friendly product. You could interpolate anyway along this spectrum. Depends on how you look at it.

I would definitely prefer to be the non-engineer. I bought a game, not a simulation-device / training tool.

What great news for a flightsimulator!

1 Like

Fail. How about starting your initial post with something like “Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice re why I’m not seeing an improvement to detail on Buckingham palace? (see screenshots) Is it some setting I’m missing or is everyone seeing this?”
Don’t worry…keep trying, you’ll get there.

2 Likes

Yea, thanks and I think you still got my point.

I can imagine the same thing happening when 2million Xbox gamers jump onto this forum in July asking what happened here. If only Steve Jobs was running Asobo, you would never see me here :smiley: